2021 Draft Thread

John232

On 3/30/2021 at 4:51 PM, 49erurtaza said:

So atm here is what the breakdown for me is 50 percent the pick is Field, 25 percent for Mac and 20 percent it's Lance then 5 percent Jets pick Fields we get Wilson.

I'm sure it'll be Mac 😂. You can't ever trust anything they are saying, so all the talk about elite traits just leads to Mac. 

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

So if we trade Jimmy can Lance play right away? 

I think that's when you see minshew in sf maybe. I mean, there is nothing wrong with throwing him in there imo. It may not go flawlessly, but he needs reps and throws

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I think that's when you see minshew in sf maybe. I mean, there is nothing wrong with throwing him in there imo. It may not go flawlessly, but he needs reps and throws

Yeah I agree will be interesting. Lance was my dream at 12 or a small trade up to 7. I never thought we would actually move up to 3 and be able to get Fields. God we still have a month before the draft.

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

Talking to some packer fans about Farley, giving me some info on the injury and whatnot, and he may be a guy that ends up getting pulled from the board

As he should. I know he's a top talent but this team can't be spending a high pick on such a risk.

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

As he should. I know he's a top talent but this team can't be spending a high pick on such a risk.

Don’t worry, my money is on Jacksonville drafting him at the top of 2. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Biderman also thinks its Lance. Barrows mocked him to us on Monday as well.

Didn't Albert Breer have a tweet or article from like a year ago where he said most coaches thought, of all the draft eligible QB's, Lance fit Shanny's offense the most? 

Edited by 49ersfan

I’d still rather go with Fields, but I’d be waaaaay more excited with Lance than I would be with Jones. I don’t really get the sentiment that Lance has a higher ceiling than Fields personally, as I think both have tremendous potential, but I could definitely get on board with Lance if that’s the way that Shanahan and Lynch decided to go. It still amazes me that Lance is only 20 with the way he is built. 

• Like 2

Do we think the Niners know exactly who they want at this point or is it still fluid?

I personally think the Niners get Wilson, they are just laughing at everyone right now because they spoke with Saleh and he told them they are sticking with Darnold....entirely possible.

I think they would rank them at this point

1. Wilson

2A Fields

2B Jones

3 Lance

it just seems like the Niners know something no one else does at this point other than maybe the Jets. Just the feeling I get right now, I think they know exactly who they are getting at this point

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

So if we trade Jimmy can Lance play right away? 

Well that’s the million dollar question with all these QBs we may be targeting. I do believe Wilson and Mac are players that can come in and start right away. Wilson has a high ceiling and Mac low ceiling.

I think Fields needs a little time to adjust and would benefit from half a season behind Jimmy. I think Lance needs an entire season and would be the worst start out of all of them, but probably the highest ceiling

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Well that’s the million dollar question with all these QBs we may be targeting. I do believe Wilson and Mac are players that can come in and start right away. Wilson has a high ceiling and Mac low ceiling.

I think Fields needs a little time to adjust and would benefit from half a season behind Jimmy. I think Lance needs an entire season and would be the worst start out of all of them, but probably the highest ceiling

I will never understand how Mac is supposedly pro ready and he's started the same number of games as trey lance, doesn't have nearly the history of dealing with pressure or throwing in tight windows as some of the others.  

People talk about him going through progressions, but he plays in extremely heavy single read rpo system as well. Nearly a quarter of his passes

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I will never understand how Mac is supposedly pro ready and he's started the same number of games as trey lance, doesn't have nearly the history of dealing with pressure or throwing in tight windows as some of the others. 

People talk about him going through progressions, but he plays in extremely heavy single read rpo system. 

Yep, I can agree with that to a degree. I’m basing that off of the ‘high-intelligence, ability to grasp a system quickly, point and shoot play style pocket passing’. I was very surprised to learn that Mac had started as many games as Lance. My analysis is based off the majority of scouting reports at this time, which is why i see him fitting in early,but the ceiling isn’t there