Packers are the 2013 Broncos but better

NeptunePenguins

The Packers are on a Broncos 2013 sequence run right now with an even better coach and defense than the Broncos had in 2013. Rodgers also has some arm strength vs Manning. He is on pace for 52 TDs but I predict he reaches the 55 mark with 14 to 15 wins this year. There are also no teams as good as the 2013 Seahawks or 2015 Broncos right now to challenge them either. 

I think the Packers have what it takes to be the first 19-0 team in NFL history, which would in the process make them the first team with 15 or more regular season wins to win the Super Bowl since their biggest rivals did it 35 years ago, during which time the Packers failed to do so in 2011, losing to the eventual champions Giants (who have only been the playoffs once since) in the divisional round (they had been the first home team to lose in the 2011 playoffs at that point), while the most recent attempt at going 18-1 to fail was the 2015 Carolina Panthers, who were defeated by the Broncos in the Super Bowl. In those seasons, both the Giants and Broncos were QB'd by a Manning brother.

The Panthers have only been back to the playoffs once since then, losing in the 2017 wild card round, the Broncos have fared much worse, not making the playoffs at all since their Super Bowl 50 triumph which was Peyton's last game. The Panthers have struggled so much to get back to the Super Bowl that they fired Ron RIvera in the middle of last season (both 2018 and 2019 had strong first halves, 6-2 and 5-3, but in the second half of both seasons the Panthers went 1-15 combined, the same record they finished with in the 2001 season that saw them only win their opener), less than a year after ESPN.com published an article defending Rivera in the face of their 2018 second half collapse, saying the Panthers and their fans should be patient with RIvera as the Saints and their fans were with Sean Payton when they had some down years.

ESPN really jumped the gun, didn't they? I thought they had jumped the gun in claiming Brian Kelly would coach Notre Dame for life in 2016 after the Irish went off to a bad start, and ultimately finished 4-8, which somehow did not result in his firing (but since then they have had three straight 10-win seasons).

Furthermore, the Panthers still have not had consecutive winning seasons, but the two teams that started later, Baltimore and Houston, have, with the former making many playoff appearances and winning two Super Bowls, angering many in Cleveland, as the Ravens were born out of Art Modell's attempts to move the Browns to Baltimore (the Browns have only made one playoff appearance since returning but it looks like it will change this year).

It's a little early to be crowning them.  Who have they played?  So far they have played four games against opponents who have a combined record of 4-12.  It's too early to be making Super Bowl predictions for any team, IMHO.

Edited by Uncle Buck

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I stopped at better coach 🤣🤣 what the heck has their coach done??? I still remember when he was in Tennessee and stopped giving Derek Henry the ball down the strech yeah that coach.

Well he’s 17-3 in his first 20 games and the driving force behind the best offense in football this season for one 

5 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Well he’s 17-3 in his first 20 games and the driving force behind the best offense in football this season for one 

Ahhhh 17- 3 omitting that playoff loss already where that driving force offense was held to Zero points in the first half Gotcha. 

I get it he's off to a great start I wait a little while on the resume before I crown them. Heck Dan Quinn got to a fricken superbowl lol.

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Ahhhh 17- 3 omitting that playoff loss already where that driving force offense was held to Zero points in the first half Gotcha. 

I get it he's off to a great start I wait a little while on the resume before I crown them. Heck Dan Quinn got to a fricken superbowl lol.

17-4 in your first 21 is still pretty solid but hey whatever you need to say to justify your bad opinion on a coach you know nothing about lol 

edit: if we’re including playoffs he’s 18-4 after beating Seattle at home convincingly 

Edited by Rodjahs12

12 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

17-4 in your first 21 is still pretty solid but hey whatever you need to say to justify your bad opinion on a coach you know nothing about lol 

edit: if we’re including playoffs he’s 18-4 after beating Seattle at home convincingly 

Bad opinion lol??? What it's a bad opinion because I'm not crowning him as a better coach than one who went to two Superbowls got it.

He's done or accomplished nothing of substance yet I stand by that

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

MLF is one of those guys who stepped into a good situation with a strong front office that put the pieces together for him to utilize. He deserves credit, but that whole organization deserves credit for their success. Moving on from McCarthy was the best move they could have done during Rodgers remaining years (and the doom of Dallas, but that's another topic). 

John Fox led the dumpster fire panthers to try superbowl in an era where they were a laughing stock. He also took the Broncos to being respectable after the Mcdaster years. Not a huge fan of his but respect him.

Matt Lefleur took over a talented Green bay roster who underachieved at 6-9 also were dessemated by injuries I believe that year . A Rod is one of the greatest in the game.

Lefleur is definitely a competent coach but it's way too early to crown him.