Packers are the 2013 Broncos but better

NeptunePenguins

27 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

They are in a way. The Packers this year are on pace to finish the year with higher stats than the Broncos ever had in 2013. 2013 was the year in which the Broncos felt unstoppable until the Superbowl and when the weather was above freezing. This year though the Packers have an advantage since they can play in games below freezing very well. This is 2020 and this is the year of the Packers. I don't predict a superbowl win, I guarantee it. The Chiefs no longer have the offense to compete and the Seahawks have the worst defense in football. Bank on it. This is 1995-1996 NBA level stuff is what this Packers team is made of. The only team that has a chance would be the Bucs to win. 

Quellbild anzeigen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeptunePenguins said:

They are in a way. The Packers this year are on pace to finish the year with higher stats than the Broncos ever had in 2013. 2013 was the year in which the Broncos felt unstoppable until the Superbowl and when the weather was above freezing. This year though the Packers have an advantage since they can play in games below freezing very well. This is 2020 and this is the year of the Packers. I don't predict a superbowl win, I guarantee it. The Chiefs no longer have the offense to compete and the Seahawks have the worst defense in football. Bank on it. This is 1995-1996 NBA level stuff is what this Packers team is made of. The only team that has a chance would be the Bucs to win. 

New guy coming in hot... calm down Mr 9 footballs with the guarantees. Its 4 games in. 

1 hour ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

How do the Chiefs "no longer" have the offense to keep up when they brought back like 22 starters from their championship team? Like, what? Did you watch them last year? Did you watch the 2013 Broncos?

Stop making sense

P1010089.jpg?resize=1015%252C1024&f=1&no

23 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

The Packers are on a Broncos 2013 sequence run right now with an even better coach and defense than the Broncos had in 2013. Rodgers also has some arm strength vs Manning. He is on pace for 52 TDs but I predict he reaches the 55 mark with 14 to 15 wins this year. There are also no teams as good as the 2013 Seahawks or 2015 Broncos right now to challenge them either. 

i really like this Packers team and i like your take

*Please be aware this is not an opinion shared among Packer fans. This Packer fan is not "Some, Many, or all of us". Just adding the caveat for anyone in a year or two saying something like "Remember when Packers fans thought they had a 2013 Broncos offense". 

• Like 3

Just now, Spartacus said:

*Please be aware this is not an opinion shared among Packer fans. This Packer fan is not "Some, Many, or all of us". Just adding the caveat for anyone in a year or two saying something like "Remember when Packers fans thought they had a 2013 Broncos offense". 

Everyone please be aware the opinion of @Spartacus is not shared among us Packer fans. Us lifers do in fact predict GB’s going 19-0 with a record breaking offense. Go Pack go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

How do the Chiefs "no longer" have the offense to keep up when they brought back like 22 starters from their championship team? Like, what? Did you watch them last year? Did you watch the 2013 Broncos?

I actually did. I remember cheering against them almost every single game that year. 

I'm a Packers fan, but I don't see them sustaining their performance to '13 Broncos levels. I don't even know for sure if they end up being the top scoring offense this year, but they'll definitely be among the top as long as Rodgers stays healthy.

The defense is still suspect. They're not going 19-0. But as usual, will be a playoff contender and a still a championship contender. I just don't see a team that is going to set all-time records.

I'd be happy to be wrong though.

I hate hype.

Can't teams just be really good, or their own version of good? Why does every good team have to be 'BETTER THAN THE 2013 BRONCOS', 'BETTER THAN THE 07 PATS', 'BETTER THAN TGSOT'. 

They look unstoppable, but it's week 5....Broncos 13 are in the discussion for the best offense ever seen.

22 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

After reading this I understand your stance on this and I can respect that. I’m just tired of seeing him being discredited for doing nothing but get results thus far in his career here. Two bad games against a loaded San Francisco team shouldn’t change that a ton especially in the guy’s first year.

For the record I do agree that this thread is way over the top and gives off bad Eagles thread vibes that I don’t want this team to have. I just want people to give some credit where it’s due after the hire was trashed pretty much universally outside of Green Bay 

I'm just not sold on the Kyle Shannahan coaching tree yet much prefer the Andy Reid one with McDermott, Pederson, etc.

Those offenses are super fun to watch, they're legit, and they'll get you to a big game but I've seen them come up short too many times in the biggest game to be a believer.

I mean that coaching tree doesn't look nearly as sexy as it did 4 years ago. The sample size is growing. Whether it be shanny's offense closing out the pats when he was in atlanta, or the chiefs last year with a 10 point lead, whether it be Mcvays offense putting up 3 points against Bill B, whether it be Lefleurs putting up a goose egg in the NFC title game. It's starting to become a pattern. Maybe when Reid and Bill B retire it changes but I have to see that success.