Where do the Packers lose?

BayRaider

Packers-Schedule1.png

Sorry Packer fans. You will probably lose your next game since I made this thread.

I'm usually the guy who says "Pick your upsets" otherwise every good team is gonna end up 13-3. However, looking at the Packer schedule, it's just hard to see. I see a loss @Chicago in Week 17, but the rest of the games I see them winning.

Expected Losses:

at Chicago

Possible Upsets:

at Tampa Bay

at Detroit

at San Francisco

at Indianapolis

Thoughts:

I do think Tampa Bay is a Top 3 team in the NFC with Green Bay and Seattle, and the game is in Tampa Bay. That should be a great game. However, Green Bay is coming off a bye week, will be fully prepared, and I like the way they match up with the Bucs.

San Francisco usually destroys Green Bay but no Bosa, and Green Bay seems to have progressed while San Francisco has regressed.

I definitely don't see any home losses for the Packs this year.

Wouldn't it be something else if the Packers are 15-0 going into Week 17 at Chicago, and the Bears are expected to win that game? Bears will probably be a .500 team, good team, and great defense. Plus they usually play Green Bay beyond tough. Especially in Chicago.

Nick Foles ends Mitch Trubisky, Dan Quinns career and Packers 15-0 season all in the same year? Possible.

Also, I am not saying the Packers will go 15-0, this is not a prediction. Just saying it's more than possible. And I'm the most anti 15-0/16-0 type guy on the forum.

If they can head to Chicago at 15-0, I don’t see the Bears being able to score anywhere near enough points to keep pace. Their defense hasn’t been elite so far this year (still very good just not what they were last season) so no reason GB can’t score 25+. That should be more than enough to beat them. 

Tampa Bay is by far the biggest test and an easy game of the year candidate. If they can win that right out of the bye they’re going to be rolling again 

Edited by Rodjahs12

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I do think Tampa Bay is a Top 3 team in the NFC with Green Bay and Seattle, and the game is in Tampa Bay. That should be a great game. However, Green Bay is coming off a bye week, will be fully prepared, and I like the way they match up with the Bucs.

Except the Bucs are playing two days from now on Oct 8th, so they get the TNF mini-bye and don't play again til 10 days later on Oct 18th vs the Packers. Both teams will be well rested for this one. 

• Like 1

@TB

@SF 

Both will be hard matchups.   Brady will get a mini bye rest.   GB def will need to get pressure on Brady from the interior DL players.   Kenny Clark will be a big influence on that game. 

SF on a short week on the road.   SF handled GB very easily last season in both games, so it might be a bad matchup situation coupled with the short week on the road.  

oh and our chicago games will be determined by their quarterback situation.

if they're Trubisky games or games in which Foles has been firmly entrenched as the No-We're-Serious-He's-Definitely-Our-Starter-Forever-For-The-Rest-Of-This-Season-No-Matter-What quarterback, we'll win.

however, if we're facing friggin' weirdo inexplicable superhero I'm-Here-Due-To-Injury-Or-Relieving-An-Ineffective-Starter-And-I-Have-Major-BDE-Powers Foles, we're toast

• Like 1

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

I can see Indy, Tampa, Bears and Titans. 12-4?

Certainly possible. I think 12-4 is their floor at this point and 15-1 is their ceiling. 

I’d say 12-13 wins is most likely, I’m just having trouble finding their losses. 

Hopefully with Kenny & Adams back they can take care of TB out of the bye.   I honestly think the first loss is to MN, Indy, or San Fran. Then again it wouldn't surprise me to lose to TB or frankly stay undefeated. This team is interesting this year but we haven't played anyone really hard outside of maybe NO if you count that. I do think the Lions, Vikings, and ATL to a lesser extent are not as bad as there records as well. 

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

Hopefully with Kenny & Adams back they can take care of TB out of the bye.   I honestly think the first loss is to MN, Indy, or San Fran. Then again it wouldn't surprise me to lose to TB or frankly stay undefeated. This team is interesting this year but we haven't played anyone really hard outside of maybe NO if you count that. I do think the Lions, Vikings, and ATL to a lesser extent are not as bad as there records as well. 

I don't think ATL is as bad as their record is. They gave away two games. They got injured heavily in the secondary, specifically at safety. Hopefully, Allen and Neal come back this week and stay healthy at safety and Terrell comes back this week or next. Then they'll at least have the starters they expected out there coming into the year of Sheffield, Terrell, Oliver, Neal and Allen.