Bucs vs Bears GT, 10/8, TNF

beardown3231

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

You know what kinda sucks is Bears play a beat up team.   Then game is real physical and that team loses like 5 more guys.   Then that team plays Packers next week.  

Tom is pissed off and probably embarassed after the end to the game last night. You can't ask for anything more going into a crucial game with the Packers.  I expect a rebound from the Bucs. They were in a tough spot against Bears. Now they get an extra few days to prepare for GB. If Godwin comes back they will be in decent shape.

Edited by topwop1

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I do not know. 

It does keep buying them time to get the offense going. I am not sure what the offense can be, the OL isn't good, but Foles seem to settle in a little bit in the 2nd quarter which is big.

4-1 isn't buying time....you have to just admit we are having a good season at this point even though it's nuts haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

4-1 isn't buying time....you have to just admit we are having a good season at this point even though it's nuts haha

It's buying time for the offense to get up to a competitive level.

It seems likely we are going to make the playoffs, but we can't role into the playoffs or a December wildcard battle with the offense at this level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I do not know. 

It does keep buying them time to get the offense going. I am not sure what the offense can be, the OL isn't good, but Foles seem to settle in a little bit in the 2nd quarter which is big.

Yes, I have been arguing since change was made that it wasn’t fair to expect Foles to be good in next two weeks given background of this season in totality.

But if he had stunk whole game it is still hard to be patient.  

I Still think Bears should consider trading a first rounder to Jets right now for their QB (Darnold) and make him QB of future.  But I will be honest I have not seen him play much as a pro.   I just recall I liked him as a prospect and know he is still really young and I like his talent.  

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Tom is pissed off and probably embarassed after the end to the game last night. You can't ask for anything more going into a crucial game with the Packers.  I expect a rebound from the Bucs. They were in a tough spot against Bears. Now they get an extra few days to prepare for GB. If Godwin comes back they will be in decent shape.

Tom is probably more pissed his guys keep dropping passes this season.   Him being pissed doesn’t help that much.   He is a cerebral player, not a physical one where adrenaline boosts ability.

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yes, I have been arguing since change was made that it wasn’t fair to expect Foles to be good in next two weeks given background of this season in totality.

I Still think Bears should consider trading a first rounder to Jets right now for their QB (Darnold) and make him QB of future.  But I will be honest I have not seen him play much as a pro.   I just recall I liked him as a prospect and know he is still really young and I like his talent.  

GAH...  That would be a wild move,  can't say I see it happening.  I mean, best case scenario is he's decent/good and we do OK this year and next, but then we're probably going to have to extend him next year, when it sounds like the salary capocalypse is coming... I get what you're thinking but that's a high risk moderate reward situation.  I would way rather see what we can do this season and draft a guy next year.  That way if we somehow win the "QB doesn't suck" lottery we've at least got them cheap for a couple years. 

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

GAH...  That would be a wild move,  can't say I see it happening.  I mean, best case scenario is he's decent/good and we do OK this year and next, but then we're probably going to have to extend him next year, when it sounds like the salary capocalypse is coming... I get what you're thinking but that's a high risk moderate reward situation.  I would way rather see what we can do this season and draft a guy next year.  That way if we somehow win the "QB doesn't suck" lottery we've at least got them cheap for a couple years. 

I'd hate the move. A first for a mediocre QB with one year left on his deal after this season? Hell no. Go young with a draft pick and give yourself a chance to develop a guy or at least have him for 4 years rather than a high priced rental. 

I'd rather spend both our 1st rounders on QBs in the next two drafts or trade up with them for one. 

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

This is a really bad idea.  Jets would be lucky to get a 3rd for Darnold right now.  Hes awful, easily worse than Tru.  As suga said, you would be much better off drafting a QB in the first than trading it for Darnold.  At least a talented rookie gives you hope.  Darnold is totally broken.  (In the interest of full disclosure I did not like Darnold at all coming out, he is careless w/the football, not nearly as athletic as he thinks he is, and is not even an above average arm talent).  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Darnold is bad. I would flip a late rounder for him or Haskins just to see what happens, but there is only one player I am trading a 1st for and that is Dakota Prescott.