Bucs vs Bears GT, 10/8, TNF

beardown3231

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I Still think Bears should consider trading a first rounder to Jets right now for their QB (Darnold) and make him QB of future.  But I will be honest I have not seen him play much as a pro.   I just recall I liked him as a prospect and know he is still really young and I like his talent.  

KaleidoscopicUntriedCockroach-size_restr

• Like 4

14 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Darnold is bad. I would flip a late rounder for him or Haskins just to see what happens, but there is only one player I am trading a 1st for and that is Dakota Prescott.

I have watched Dak a lot.   He plays really good when it doesn’t matter and piles up stats.   He is a good player, but not someone I want to pay a ton and still lose with.

He is a different version of Cutler, with different issues, but it will be same results.    Rather gamble on potential of Darnold than take known quantity of Dak.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You guys think Darnold is a joke?

I see a very talented 23 year old that got thrown into a terrible situation.    

Hes bad dude, like really, really bad.  And what talent does he have.  He is not a + arm, he's athletic, but not super athletic.  He is often injured.  He sees ghosts, his own words.  You already said you havent watched him as a pro, let me help you out here.  Hes a Jay Cutler like decision maker, with a Kyle Orton arm.  No one in their right mind would give up a first.  As I said, Jets would be lucky to get a 3rd right now.  If you really wanted Darnold I would offer to flip Tru straight up.  Tru gets to go back with Loggains in a familiar offense and gets to at least play.  Darnold comes here to learn how to backup a starter while Nagy and crew try to reinvent him I guess.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes bad dude, like really, really bad.  And what talent does he have.  He is not a + arm, he's athletic, but not super athletic.  He is often injured.  He sees ghosts, his own words.  You already said you havent watched him as a pro, let me help you out here.  Hes a Jay Cutler like decision maker, with a Kyle Orton arm.  No one in their right mind would give up a first.  As I said, Jets would be lucky to get a 3rd right now.  If you really wanted Darnold I would offer to flip Tru straight up.  Tru gets to go back with Loggains in a familiar offense and gets to at least play.  Darnold comes here to learn how to backup a starter while Nagy and crew try to reinvent him I guess.  

Okay.  I have only seen highlights and they can paint a false picture.

This was funny:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Oh, I don't think he's a joke at all. I still haven't given up on him, and it doesn't seem like the Jets have, either. And I agree with you about his situation. 

But he certainly hasn't proven that he can really do anything consistently, and that includes staying on the field. I'd swap Mitch for him, sure, but a first round pick? Absolutely not. 

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Sooo... we were talking about how some of us may be bear reporters or bloggers incognito, but that trade suggests that you're not a high school coach, you're actually Bill O'Brien.

So now that you're out,  what's Watson like?

Howdy, y'all! 

Hope everybody is having a good weekend. Watched the Bears game again yesterday, and here's some thoughts:

--The coaching, particularly the offensive play calling, was much improved this week. It seemed like Nagy took the Bucs defense way more seriously than he did the Colts. Don't ask me why. There was very little bull****. Practically no "cuteness". Still too much shotgun, but hopefully that will change. The running game remained fairly uninspired, but at least Nagy got a clue and had Montgomery involved in the passing game (kind of filling Cohen's normal role, although the plays were often different). And guess what? It worked really well. If the offensive plan had been similar last week, the Bears may have won.

--Speaking of Montgomery, while I'm pleased with him in general, he hasn't developed into the stud I anticipated he'd be, coming out of college. Maybe it was him running against all those bad defenses in the Big 12 that skewed my perception of him. I don't know. The Bears can win with him, but if he turns out to be much more than what we've seen so far, I'll be surprised. 

--The offense is still clearly a work in progress, which is to be expected, but it's coming together and they can move the ball against good defenses. Even when they've yet to fire on all cylinders. Pretty cool. 

--Like last week, the defense turned in another even performance. Although overall, I think they were even better than last week. Which is encouraging. They're still getting gashed by the run at times, but hopefully that's something that can be fixed. Urban continued to play well when given the chance, so maybe he'll be part of the solution there. And--hey! Trevathan looks like he's going to be all right! I wonder what his deal was? 

--Oh, and before I forget, this is just about the coolest thing ever:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Howdy, y'all! 

Hope everybody is having a good weekend. Watched the Bears game again yesterday, and here's some thoughts:

--The coaching, particularly the offensive play calling, was much improved this week. It seemed like Nagy took the Bucs defense way more seriously than he did the Colts. Don't ask me why. There was very little bull****. Practically no "cuteness". Still too much shotgun, but hopefully that will change. The running game remained fairly uninspired, but at least Nagy got a clue and had Montgomery involved in the passing game (kind of filling Cohen's normal role, although the plays were often different). And guess what? It worked really well. If the offensive plan had been similar last week, the Bears may have won.

--Speaking of Montgomery, while I'm pleased with him in general, he hasn't developed into the stud I anticipated he'd be, coming out of college. Maybe it was him running against all those bad defenses in the Big 12 that skewed my perception of him. I don't know. The Bears can win with him, but if he turns out to be much more than what we've seen so far, I'll be surprised. 

--The offense is still clearly a work in progress, which is to be expected, but it's coming together and they can move the ball against good defenses. Even when they've yet to fire on all cylinders. Pretty cool. 

--Like last week, the defense turned in another even performance. Although overall, I think they were even better than last week. Which is encouraging. They're still getting gashed by the run at times, but hopefully that's something that can be fixed. Urban continued to play well when given the chance, so maybe he'll be part of the solution there. And--hey! Trevathan looks like he's going to be all right! I wonder what his deal was? 

--Oh, and before I forget, this is just about the coolest thing ever:

I think Montgomery has been outstanding this season given circumstances.

He is making plays out of nothing and first guy almost never brings him down.  

• Like 2