Bucs vs Bears GT, 10/8, TNF

beardown3231

On 10/10/2020 at 8:27 AM, dll2000 said:

I have watched Dak a lot.   He plays really good when it doesn’t matter and piles up stats.   He is a good player, but not someone I want to pay a ton and still lose with.

He is a different version of Cutler, with different issues, but it will be same results.    Rather gamble on potential of Darnold than take known quantity of Dak.  

How about neither?  Dak is the modern version of Matt Stafford who folds under pressure and would cost a ton to get, ALA Jay Cutler trade. Darnold is damaged goods and not worth investing anything into whatsoever unless he was willing to take a 3rd string spot here. And I say 3rd string because Foles' contract almost gaurentees he will be here next year and I hope to hell the brass is smart enough to take a QB in the 1st round and let him sit the bench behind Foles. 

On 10/16/2020 at 4:01 AM, The_Romen said:

Seriously... Why can't we just be patient, get our own guy and actually let him grow as a player instead of getting used goods?

Like wait another 50 years patient?  100 years like the Cubs?  QBs aren't easy to find.  Kicking the tires on a guy while using a late round pick to do so isn't the worst idea and you typically find out what you got a lot sooner.  We watched Tru play like a bum for a few years now after investing a lot in him.  Doing the opposite could work. Might not but you don't spend much to find out. 

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

Like wait another 50 years patient?  100 years like the Cubs?  QBs aren't easy to find.  Kicking the tires on a guy while using a late round pick to do so isn't the worst idea and you typically find out what you got a lot sooner.  We watched Tru play like a bum for a few years now after investing a lot in him.  Doing the opposite could work. Might not but you don't spend much to find out. 

We've tried both options. Just cursed.