DPOY Stephon Gilmore test Positive for Covid-19

ET80

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Can’t they just play through positive tests? Virus isn’t that serious to young people 

Until someone who has an auto immune disease gets it and is hospitalized or dies, or a Coach, or someone gives it to their wife or parents because someone had to play a game 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Can’t they just play through positive tests? Virus isn’t that serious to young people 

While every NFL player who winds up getting it likely will be fine, they aren't the only people at risk. You have the families of the players, then you have coaches(who fit in to all sorts of age brackets), officials, trainers, etc.

That's what everyone always seems to forget about this virus. It's not about "oh I'm young if I get it I'll be just fine, it's no worse than the flu", and yeah that might be the case, but all the elderly or people with comorbidities you can infect may not be "just fine".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.

Because people don’t think long term or about any consequences besides the immediate. You know.... something you can’t afford to do in a pandemic that has an exponential growth rate 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Until someone who has an auto immune disease gets it and is hospitalized or dies, or a Coach, or someone gives it to their wife or parents because someone had to play a game 

They could plow through a line of school children driving to the stadium too. In fact it is statistically more likely.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Once again, the next few days will be crucial. If it comes out that more Patriots or Raiders have it, than it’ll officially be danger time for the NFL(if it’s not already).

There is a 2 to 14 day incubation period. The Titans had two new people get positives today when they were shut down this time last week.

It’s dangerous to even assume the Patriots can practice and have games for at least two weeks. Likewise it was dangerous To have a game last Monday 

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

They could plow through a line of school children driving to the stadium too. In fact it is statistically more likely.

1. It’s not 

2. you let it run rampant through the entire league eventually some player or coach is dying and several will be on ventilators. It’s a numbers game. That’s not even including relatives 

• Like 4

So, I don't see how you can let the Patriots or Chiefs practice or play a game at all this week.

The safe thing to do is to assume every single member of both teams/coaching staffs have it or are in the process of getting it. Clearly there is a lag time where a player tests negative but is already in the process of becoming positive.

If the NFL doesn't take a break for mass testing and quarantine this weekend then the season is 100% over and will be canceled soon.