DPOY Stephon Gilmore test Positive for Covid-19

ET80

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hope Patrick Mahomes doesn't get it. But I do have to say this, Gilmore is taking his job as a shut-down corner a little too seriously lols. 🤪

Also wish a speedy recorvery to Gilmore, sad to see people get sick. :) 

Edited by HolmesPriest

4 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Can’t they just play through positive tests? Virus isn’t that serious to young people 

Wooow play through it and infect everybody? The world is like 7-8 months deep into the worst pandemic in over a hundred years and people still say insane stuff like this, we are doomed lol...football isn't everything guy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Can’t they just play through positive tests? Virus isn’t that serious to young people 

The Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez had to miss the season because complications from the virus gave him myocarditis (inflammation of the heart). He's 27. 

The virus generally doesn't kill younger people, but it can absolutely cause long-term health problems. If the league tried playing through this, a substantial number of players would end up having to retire afterward. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

The Pats' vs Chiefs game should not have been played. I think a shutdown is the sensible thing to do but I am sure that wont happen.

Agree with this. The timeline to incubation period didn't make sense given WHEN Cam tested positive. I'm hoping there are no more positives but I feel like that is inevitable. The league can't try to pin it on the Patriots the same way they are trying to do it to the Titans. The NFL had them play that game, protocols or not, this is on the NFL for playing through. 

• Like 1

Patriots and Chiefs should be on an immediate bye week as of now.

Do not mess around with this.

You can have the Raiders play the Broncos this week to minimize the impact.

They should also be talking about a 2 week push back of the Super Bowl to allow for more bye weeks.

I am still watching on February 21st, how about you?

So if Mahomes gets it from Gilmore, say, that's something that could have been avoided by not forcing the game through. 

This is a microcosm of what happens. When they refuse to cancel, more players will end up getting it and spreading it. They need to can now.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Starless said:

The really gross part is they wouldn't have even had to cancel. They had options for moving it to week 17, when it would've been a much better game. 

I don't know about that, Starless. There may not even be a week 17 the way things are going. 

If they have to cancel, hopefully, a vaccine will arrive by year's end and they can get some games and payoffs in. Maybe.

2 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

I don't know about that, Starless. There may not even be a week 17 the way things are going. 

If they have to cancel, hopefully, a vaccine will arrive by year's end and they can get some games and payoffs in. Maybe.

They are not expecting a vaccine to be available until summer 2021,  between testing, approval, manufacturing and deployment logistics that is a very tall task for a few months. Then you have the people that will fight tooth and nail to not get vaccinated or even wear masks for that matter this will probably still not stop the virus completely.... At this rate week 17 will probably not happen like you stated though.

19 hours ago, Starless said:

The Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez had to miss the season because complications from the virus gave him myocarditis (inflammation of the heart). He's 27. 

The virus generally doesn't kill younger people, but it can absolutely cause long-term health problems. If the league tried playing through this, a substantial number of players would end up having to retire afterward. 

But the question is whether or not Rodriguez's risk of getting the illness would have been lower if he wasn't playing baseball. If anything, I think that the players are probably at LESS risk while in season because they have more incentive to socially distance.