2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

lol trust me, that happening would NOT be good for my team and you’re on our schedule.

We’re realistically competing for a wildcard spot. So giving the AFC South teams a +2 in the win column is a gigantic advantage.

100%!

Imagine you in week 16 and you are either in or out the playoffs because a team was given a win in week 4?

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

100%!

Imagine you in week 16 and you are either in or out the playoffs because a team was given a win in week 4?

Yes but imagine your team following all the guidelines and the opposing team is the one who went out of their way to not follow proper guidelines. Why should any team suffer other then the titans? Why is the NFL to blame for this?  I would be 100% agreeing with you had the Titans done nothing wrong other then be unlucky with getting a COVID outbreak, then that is a league issue but the fact that they violated the rules as simple as not practicing for a week during a bye knowing an outbreak has happened, you need to be accountable for that. Why should the titans not suffer consequences to host a practice/workout when the NFLPA agreed to no gatherings of teammates during an outbreak? 

If the Titans are unable to fulfil a game, they should forfeit. End of story. 

I think it’s already highly questionable that the game against the Steelers was rescheduled meaning the Pittsburgh players missed the usual week off at the bye (because they were already preparing to play Tennessee before it had to be postponed), but I understand why the league did it. At this point there’s no way you can fit the remaining unless you add a week to the schedule or do something ridiculous like have them play on Sunday-Thursday-Sunday one week. 

I think the Bills should be given an automatic win. 

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

If they are going to forfeit games they should be forced to forfeit all of them and the game should not be eligible to count for tie breakers 

Yeah. Just cancel the whole season for them. 

Still have to account for some teams getting two bye weeks.

But if we handing out wins to teams, just pull the plug for the organization.  Try again in 2021.

Here’s an idea. Don’t forfeit any of our games. Instead make us have different random stipulations for every game for the rest of the season.

Like vs the Bills every player has to wear his cleats on the wrong foot, vs the Steelers we only have 3 downs, so forth and so forth.