2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

39 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It's Florio but...

lol this is a joke.

Like I get that we screwed up by meeting (assuming that was actually strictly prohibited), but it's obvious the NFL has been looking for a scapegoat. The most frustrating this as a fan is that we gave them ammunition to torch the place. Personally I'd say we have to play with what we have, but if the NFL thinks this will be the end of it, they are sorely mistaken. Can't wait to see what happens when a franchise star QB ends up testing positive shortly before a playoff game and several more positives roll out. 

• Like 3

Don't expect any form of logical reasoning when it comes to punishments handed out by the NFL. If we got draft picks taken away and our best player canned for 4 games for something that couldn't be proven......well, according to NFL, Tenn might get anything from a slap on the wrist to multiple rounds draft picks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Don't expect any form of logical reasoning when it comes to punishments handed out by the NFL. If we got draft picks taken away and our best player canned for 4 games for something that couldn't be proven......well, according to NFL, Tenn might get anything from a slap on the wrist to multiple rounds draft picks

Titans got hammered with Pacman Jones due in part to being a small market team. The NFL will not hesitate to hammer us down in a fashion they wouldn't dare do for Dallas, Kansas City, etc.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It's funny the NFL never points fingers at themselves.

One week, the Titans are allowed to travel and play a game after someone in their org and likely around players a lot tested positive on Saturday.

Somehow it took that happening for them to realize the next week, if the same situation happens, that the game should (at the very least) be pushed back a day (even longer but at least show an attempt) and not have everyone on the same plane.

Like that was something that seemed obvious before the season.  That's on the NFL.  But they will continue to find ways to tell us how the protocols work, the same protocols they always have to add more stuff to.  

• Like 3

Shutting the season down because of one team is a joke. No one should care about giving losses to the Titans, this is on them. The fact that other teams get free wins is the only issue with forfeits. If the Titans don't have positive tests tomorrow and Friday, I'd make them play Sunday without practice, or legal practice at the facility I should say.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Shutting the season down because of one team is a joke. No one should care about giving losses to the Titans, this is on them. The fact that other teams get free wins is the only issue with forfeits. If the Titans don't have positive tests tomorrow and Friday, I'd make them play Sunday without practice, or legal practice at the facility I should say.

And that’s the problem. Giving out free wins hurts every team in the playoff hunt 

• Like 1