2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

2 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Yeah nah on that. Not our fault the Titans organization didn’t take this seriously and broke protocol. From my eyes it’s either the Titans forfeit, postpone until week 18, or make the Titans play with whatever players they can scrap up by Sunday. 

The dangers of getting information fast and not getting the whole truth.  
Broke protocol is being learned is inaccurate. 

Were they sloppy, lazy or reckless? I'd say yeah. 

But they worked out one day after the facility was closed and were all negative at the time. (Similar to how the Pats/Chiefs were when they recently played.) 

As it stands, they didn't break any NFL rule.  The NFL handed out the memo to not hold workouts away from a closed building after learning of the Titans workout.  No violations, poor judgement no violation at the time. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Was it smart to do in the middle of a pandemic and team positive tests? Nope.
Was it against the rules AT THE TIME?  No.

While you're not wrong - you have to admit, this is incredibly tone deaf and obtuse given the current circumstances from March until current. Nobody should have to write out "don't meet anywhere until we can clear this out" given everything that's transpired in the last year.

That tone deafness is having a legitimate impact on the league at large. That can't be ignored because it wasn't explicitly stated.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

While you're not wrong - you have to admit, this is incredibly tone deaf and obtuse given the current circumstances from March until current. Nobody should have to write out "don't meet anywhere until we can clear this out" given everything that's transpired in the last year.

That tone deafness is having a legitimate impact on the league at large. That can't be ignored because it wasn't explicitly stated.

certainly, but in terms of punishment, the league can't possibly be consistent if they-- oh. oh, right. nevermind.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Still deserving of a $100,000,000 fine though?

Just now, ET80 said:

It's absolutely tone def.

But also It's a move that I feel confident in saying maybe any other team would have done if in their position. 

I say again,  was it smart for players to gather at the height of the pandemic to work out together when buildings were closed, often with no masks? It wasn't. Was it against the rules? 

https://www.fox4news.com/sports/some-concerned-with-lack-of-social-distancing-by-dak-prescott-dez-bryant-during-workout-picture

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1039711/tom-brady-defies-coronavirus-rules-team-workout/

Just now, KingTitan said:

But also It's a move that I feel confident in saying maybe any other team would have done if in their position. 

Correct - and we'd be talking about that team in the same measure. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I say again,  was it smart for players to gather at the height of the pandemic to work out together when buildings were closed, often with no masks? It wasn't. Was it against the rules? 

https://www.fox4news.com/sports/some-concerned-with-lack-of-social-distancing-by-dak-prescott-dez-bryant-during-workout-picture

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1039711/tom-brady-defies-coronavirus-rules-team-workout/

The difference here is the Titans had several positive tests... AND THEN met up.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

my limited understanding preferences:

(1) If it's safe, let Titans play short-handed. Force Titans players to wear masks (kidding)

(2) Add a week for make-up games after week 17. Just make it work.

(3) Titans forfeit

(4) distant fourth, pause the season

I'm for all making them play with who they got. 

Either that or just drop them from the schedule totally this year and their opponents get an extra bye. 

Just now, ET80 said:

Correct - and we'd be talking about that team in the same measure. 

The difference here is the Titans had several positive tests... AND THEN met up.

On Sept. they had 3 players test positive.  They've been testing daily.  So going by the way the league was operating regarding incubation period, they were good and would have been allowed to play  if they had a game that day (ie: Patriots/Chiefs).