2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

On Sept. they had 3 players test positive.  They've been testing daily.  So going by the way the league was operating regarding incubation period, they were good and would have been allowed to play  if they had a game that day (ie: Patriots/Chiefs). 

In that same vein, the league told them to not gather. They shouldn't have to be specific to where.

Just now, ET80 said:

In that same vein, the league told them to not gather. They shouldn't have to be specific to where.

They told them AFTER and didn't say not to gather. They said the building is closed and was going to be deep cleaned.  

But anyway, it not an excuse just a peak into where they minds were possibly at. They were trying to get ready to play as best they could under the thought they were all negative. Given they had just got tested that morning. 

I say again, the NFL needs to hammer home to it's players and staff the importance of the incubation period. Then also adhere to it themselves and not play a game when two players have tested positive in a week. 
If they do that, Patriots should not play their next game and possibly the Raiders and Chiefs. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

They told them AFTER and didn't say not to gather. They said the building is closed and was going to be deep cleaned.  

But anyway, it not an excuse just a peak into where they minds were possibly at. They were trying to get ready to play as best they could under the thought they were all negative. Given they had just got tested that morning. 

I say again, the NFL needs to hammer home to it's players and staff the importance of the incubation period. Then also adhere to it themselves and not play a game when two players have tested positive in a week. 
If they do that, Patriots should not play their next game and possibly the Raiders and Chiefs. 

I mean come on... that's an apologist point of view if I ever saw one. They required the facilities to be shut down.... they needed to be told this was because they needed to not gather until further testing was done? They're grown *** adults, hopefully with brains, I think the steps were self explanatory. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

I mean come on... that's an apologist point of view if I ever saw one. They required the facilities to be shut down.... they needed to be told this was because they needed to not gather until further testing was done? They're grown *** adults, hopefully with brains, I think the steps were self explanatory. 

Cool.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Its not about free W's. It's about the punishment needed to send a VERY clear message.

That message being that 13 other AFC teams get screwed? Two other teams are gifted wins - what does that mean for teams like LAC, New England, Indianapolis? Teams that are trying to win for playoff seeding, but are now staring at a Buffalo/Pittsburgh team with a win gift wrapped to them?

Premium draft picks, a VERY large fine (that might not be quite $100,000,000... but could be close) is just as effective, and doesn't punish anyone else).

• Like 1

Just now, candyman93 said:

Sure it is.

I’m completely fine with taking draft picks away.

The issue, the only reason a forfeit is being considered is because, clearly the Titans put themselves and another team in a bad spot. Now their situation is even worse. They've already used up their bye week to reschedule the Steelers game so that's not an option with the Bills game. I'm fine with having to beat the Titans in week 7 instead of 4. But how is the NFL going to navigate yet another week of this with the same team?

BTW, I haven't commented on it specifically, but forcing a team to forfeit a game that could be rescheduled to later in the season, is the most ridiculous decision that could be made. 

That and thinking this won't happen again with the evolution of the pandemic in the winter months, and the apparent lack of league supervision on the Covid guidelines.