2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

That message being that 13 other AFC teams get screwed? Two other teams are gifted wins - what does that mean for teams like LAC, New England, Indianapolis? Teams that are trying to win for playoff seeding, but are now staring at a Buffalo/Pittsburgh team with a win gift wrapped to them?

Not what i meant but what you're saying is fair and I'm not disregarding that. The loss of a 1st round pick imo should be non-negotiable though

Just now, candyman93 said:

Sure

Better than giving your team an undeserved W.

The Titans put the Titans and the league in this situation. Pittsburgh and Buffalo are getting screwed because of one teams negligence. Nobody has an issue with that, but Tennessee having to pay the ultimate price for their violations, nope thats where we apparently draw the line

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

That message being that 13 other AFC teams get screwed? Two other teams are gifted wins - what does that mean for teams like LAC, New England, Indianapolis? Teams that are trying to win for playoff seeding, but are now staring at a Buffalo/Pittsburgh team with a win gift wrapped to them?

The only example of how to handle this is with the MLB and the Marlins. 
NFL can't do doubleheaders like baseball, but they had to suspend their season and reschedule. 

But this situation made the NFL adjust their rules. It all started when a street FA was signed, passed a COVID test and then 3 days later came back positive and by then it was too late. Now NFL makes it where it's what 6 days before a guy can come in?

But if they look to place all blame on the team rather than the protocols then so be it.
I'm mentally prepared to check out for the year. lol 

Just now, MWil23 said:

We had to play 2 HS games with 10+ kids quarantined. Make the Titans do the same. 

Frankly I think this is the way to go. Test everyone, put everyone who comes up positive on the covid list, fine and dock the team a draft pick and require them to use practice squad players to fill out their roster for Sundays game.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Frankly I think this is the way to go. Test everyone, put everyone who comes up positive on the covid list, fine and dock the team a draft pick and require them to use practice squad players to fill out their roster for Sundays game.

I’d stay away from draft picks for the first time. Playing with a decimated roster for 2-3 weeks should send a message.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Not what i meant but what you're saying is fair and I'm not disregarding that. The loss of a 1st round pick imo should be non-negotiable though

I fully agree with this. The offer that I made was a $100,000,000 fine (which - after consideration - might be a tad too much) but you get what I'm saying - this fine needs to be so big that every single owner Zooms the organization (coaches, players, FO, Jimmy in Accounting) and flat out says "If anyone does something that lands THAT sort of fine, you're fired - no questions asked."

It's gotta be big.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

We had to play 2 HS games with 10+ kids quarantined. Make the Titans do the same. 

Let's roll with that. 
But it's NOW that the NFL wants to take in account the incubation period and potential that players are actually carrying it despite testing negative. 
It's something the NFL will have to make a decision on.  When will the Patriots be allowed back in? 

Will they wait until the incubation period is over for potential exposures with Cam? Because that will go into what Saturday when he tested positive?

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

But it's everyone else's problem - not just Tennessee, it's every single AFC team that didn't get a win out of this.

Exactly this is all on the Titans. I honestly don’t want a free win but I don’t see the nfl adding 2-3 extra weeks at the end of the season so what other options do they have?

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

But it's everyone else's problem - not just Tennessee, it's every single AFC team that didn't get a win out of this.

But it's not everyone else's problem that Buffalo and Pittsburgh had their schedules completely jacked because its an advantage for the rest of the AFC... you see the hypocrisy in this don't you?

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

But it's not everyone else's problem that Buffalo and Pittsburgh had their schedules completely jacked because its an advantage for the rest of the AFC... you see the hypocrisy in this don't you?

2 teams vs 13 teams

Who gets more screwed?