2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

did.....did you read the article that you just linked

So your pointing to... outliers. Do you know how data works? Are you really suggesting that MULTIPLE players in the same organization all experienced an incubation period longer than a week from when they were exposed? What is the likelihood of this mathematically? Yes some people don't show symptoms past one week, but the science and data overwhelmingly support that 90+% of people who get the virus will have a incubation period of a week or less. To suggest that the Titans had multiple different outliers is flat out ridiculous.

Regardless, the Titans blatantly broke protocol and put the rest of the league at risk. This is on them.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So your pointing to... outliers. Do you know how data works? Are you really suggesting that MULTIPLE players in the same organization all experienced an incubation period longer than a week from when they were exposed? What is the likelihood of this mathematically. Yes some people don't show symptoms past one week, but the science and data overwhelmingly support that 90+% of people who get the virus will have a incubation period of a week or less. To suggest that the Titans had multiple different outliers is flat out ridiculous.

Regardless, the Titans blatantly broke protocol and put the rest of the league at risk. This is on them.

i don't think you understand the definition of an outlier. the titans' last exposure to each other was on the 30th- that's 8 days ago, which is right around the average of 7.7 described in the article. whether continued positive tests in the next few days (if they happen) count as outliers depends on how robust that average is and the margin of error involved, but to this point none can be reasonably classified as one. at any rate, the titans organization has had 23 positive tests. they had 2 positives today. that's.....under 10 percent. so *even if* you want to count those as outliers, which isn't even sound reasoning whatsoever, it's by no means a statistical anomaly going by these numbers.

now, that contact on the 30th was a violation of protocol, which they should and will be punished for. but we don't even actually know whether cases can be traced back to that contact! it's pure silliness to make as many leaps as you're making.

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

For the people complaining about a forfeit being bad for the pats etc, do you honestly think the Titans will beat the undefeated bills with 20 guys not playing?? Lol 

If there's a forfeiture, the score is put at 2-0.  So if I'm a bills fan, I want to play a game against titans backups to blow them out for potential playoff tiebreakers.

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

let me rephrase for the textualists:

It will not be surprising if this fine exceeds any previous fine the league has levied

I'm trying to find the maximum fine the NFL could put on a team for violating their protocol.  But if the titans had one violation, they can only get fined once at that max level.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If there's a forfeiture, the score is put at 2-0.  So if I'm a bills fan, I want to play a game against titans backups to blow them out for potential playoff tiebreakers.

fair, but i have to imagine the league will look at revising tiebreak stuff if a forfeit is indeed in the cards

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

fair, but i have to imagine the league will look at revising tiebreak stuff if a forfeit is indeed in the cards

Pretty sure thats in the CBA and can't be revised without the NFLPA agreement and I doubt the NFL would want to give something up to the NFLPA to change this for one incident.

Just now, -Hope- said:

lol ok if they've been doing workouts after last wednesday i'm back on the "nuke em" train

While they might deserve a nuking, i highly doubt they get it.  Partially cause there's only so much the NFL can reasonably do.

But there are pics of Titans players working out at a couple high schools here in Nashville.