2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

While they might deserve a nuking, i highly doubt they get it.  Partially cause there's only so much the NFL can reasonably do.

But there are pics of Titans players working out at a couple high schools here in Nashville.

it was my understanding that those pictures are all from the same day- sept. 30, when there was the misunderstanding about what was allowed and players seemed to think they hadn't been forbidden from it. if there are ones from later, that's much worse imo

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm trying to find the maximum fine the NFL could put on a team for violating their protocol.  But if the titans had one violation, they can only get fined once at that max level.

there was more than one person who violated the protocol

there are literally probably dozens if not hundreds of ways the league can pursue this

• Like 1

Just now, -Hope- said:

it was my understanding that those pictures are all from the same day- sept. 30, when there was the misunderstanding about what was allowed and players seemed to think they hadn't been forbidden from it. if there are ones from later, that's much worse imo

I was listening to sports radio during lunch today and kuharsky and co. seem to think there might be more.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

this is an extremely bad look for the coaching staff, because the players by all accounts didn't seem to think they were doing anything wrong. either they were told and they're all lying, which i doubt, or the coaches failed to communicate this to them until the next day. if anyone deserves to be penalized it's probably vrabel/titans leadership.

Should be both. It doesn’t take even someone of average intelligence to realize that you shouldn’t be working out away from the facility... especially considering the fact that the NFL has gone to great lengths to have the players and team staff wear expensive tracking devices when in the facility for purposes of containing the spread and knowing person’s the might’ve been exposed. So training outside the facility without said trackers should have sent red flags to the brain of anyone forced to adhere to such protocols.

I refuse to believe that 15 Titans players are that dumb, maybe a few of them could be, but their were clearly masterminds present to organize this activity and then follow through with it, particularly on short notice. With Brown saying things like “they couldn’t convict this in court” these players are actually not taking things seriously. 

I do think someone/a few in the coach staff had to know about this though, if not influence it entirely. Obviously I’m just assuming, but I’d bet this was a wink wink discussion that Vrabel was present for, something like:

“Hey coach, the Steelers will have an advantage. What do you think about me organizing a get together?”

“Well obviously we have protocols and the NFL did send out a memo, I won’t tell you what it said, but if I did, it definitely might allude to the fact that you can’t meet outside the building. But I didn’t read this memo yet today to inform you. Get my drift? So you decide to do what you think is best, I just don’t know about it. 😉

Obviously I’m assuming here. So I definitely think a thorough investigation will have to be done before handing out punishments. I can’t prove my assumptions, but the NFL has tools at their disposal I’m sure. If they can prove such a conversation went down, I’d suspend Vrabel at least half a season for such a high level of negligence.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Not at unprecedented levels due to fine caps.

Yeah I read that with bounty gate. If they don’t hit the organization with a huge fine than they will certainly hit them with multiple high level draft picks then.

And I’m not biased, I also think the a Raiders should be hit with repercussions... but that’s another thread.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah I read that with bounty gate. If they don’t hit the organization with a huge fine than they will certainly hit them with multiple high level draft picks then.

And I’m not biased, I also think the a Raiders should be hit with repercussions... but that’s another thread.

If they can prove willful negligence or intentional violations of protocol, they'll get hit with a 2nd, maybe 1st if its really bad.

I doubt its multiple high picks.  They didn't even do that when they caught the Pats blatantly cheating.

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If they can prove willful negligence or intentional violations of protocol, they'll get hit with a 2nd, maybe 1st if its really bad.

I doubt its multiple high picks.  They didn't even do that when they caught the Pats blatantly cheating.

frankly, i think they'll be much more willing to drop the hammer on a small-market team like tennessee than a dynasty. this is also different bc it's a public safety issue far beyond a competitive thing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

frankly, i think they'll be much more willing to drop the hammer on a small-market team like tennessee than a dynasty. this is also different bc it's a public safety issue far beyond a competitive thing

I think they will want to make an example of any team to try and prove that NFL protocol works(even if it doesnt), but I'm not sure how much they can actually do under their agreements with the NFLPA.

Random thought: what if in exchange for the NFL giving the Bills a free win, it doesn't count as a conference win or a win in any other tie breaker scenarios.

So the good would be, free win, players still get paid (I think).

The downside would be that it won't help them in any tie breaking scenario (but would still count as a win for their overall record). Unprecedented but I think it'd be a good compromise for the Bills and other AFC teams.