2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

10 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

The very wise Big Bird once said...“one of these don’t belong.” Somehow, someway all the other teams can find a way to protect themselves.  

That’s terrible reasoning.

And the Patriots are in the same situation right now.  It isn’t like all 32 teams are gonna have an outbreak at the same time. 

The NFL made the Titans travel on the SAME DAY AS A POSITIVE TEST.  The fact the NFL has taken the focus off that and put it on Titans is crazy.  Reminds me of something. There is a reason the NFL stopped doing that

Edited by iknowcool

15 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

His point is that it is ridiculous to blame a team for having a virus spread during a pandemic.  

The NFL has made that the narrative though.  That the Titans HAD to have done something wrong for it to happen.  We don’t even know if that player work-out led to any spread or if anyone who attended got it, so while stupid, we don’t know if it even played a role.  

And now the Patriots are going through the same thing, which was clear as day gonna happen.  And they probably had an even better chance at containing the spread than the Titans given NFL didn’t make then A) travel on the same day and B) travel on the same plane.  Yet nobody is saying the Patriots must have clearly done something wrong. 

To be fair to the patriots here:

A - Travelling on the same day was a Patriots team decision

B - Kraft paid for a 2nd plane to have the 20 in close contact with Cam stay apart from the remainder of the team.

Just now, warfelg said:

To be fair to the patriots here:

A - Travelling on the same day was a Patriots team decision

B - Kraft paid for a 2nd plane to have the 20 in close contact with Cam stay apart from the remainder of the team.

Why be fair to them and not the Titans? 

NFL shouldn’t have made the Titans play.  It’s that simple.  It is entirely possible this is avoided if the NFL makes the simple, logical decision to push Titans/Vikings back and tells them not to travel on Saturday (in which they had no choice as the game was 1pm IIRC).  

NFL, despite changing its protocols when that happens, has still somehow taken the focus off that

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

That’s terrible reasoning.

And the Patriots are in the same situation right now.  It isn’t like all 32 teams are gonna have an outbreak at the same time. 

The NFL made the Titans travel on the SAME DAY AS A POSITIVE TEST.  The fact the NFL has taken the focus off that and put it on Titans is crazy.  Reminds me of something. 

are you really trying to argue that the Patriots situation is similar to the Titans? Fail. 

And when the next team has an outbreak because of complacency...they will have themselves to blame. The Titans were breaking protocol. They have themselves to blame. Follow the rules, be careful...and you get a case here and there but you don’t have large numbers like the Titans. COVID rates aren’t increasing....they’ve actually reduced since the organized team activities began...the NFL didn’t have a single case for about a month...and now the Titans are getting COVID like it’s going out of style. They’re complacent. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

are you really trying to argue that the Patriots situation is similar to the Titans? Fail. 

And when the next team has an outbreak because of complacency...they will have themselves to blame. The Titans were breaking protocol. They have themselves to blame. Follow the rules, be careful...and you get a case here and there but you don’t have large numbers like the Titans. COVID rates aren’t increasing....they’ve actually reduced since the organized team activities began...the NFL didn’t have a single case for about a month...and now the Titans are getting COVID like it’s going out of style. They’re complacent. 

What protocol did they break that led to the spread?

7 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

There is a 32 page thread on the topic

But I am asking you what protocol that they broke which led to players and coaches getting COVID. 

Did anyone who attended the one day work-out end up on the COVID list after?  Do you know who attended the work-out?  What about that work-out led to a spread more than them traveling and playing less than 24 hours after a positive? I am just trying to get more info on which protocols the Titans broke that led to the spread.  

Edited by iknowcool

17 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Why be fair to them and not the Titans? 

NFL shouldn’t have made the Titans play.  It’s that simple.  It is entirely possible this is avoided if the NFL makes the simple, logical decision to push Titans/Vikings back and tells them not to travel on Saturday (in which they had no choice as the game was 1pm IIRC).  

NFL, despite changing its protocols when that happens, has still somehow taken the focus off that

I'm saying "to be fair to them" because you made two incorrect statements.  The NFL didn't force them to do either of those things.  The Patriots did them themselves.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I'm saying "to be fair to them" because you made two incorrect statements.  The NFL didn't force them to do either of those things.  The Patriots did them themselves.

Huh?  What incorrect statements did I make?  I said the Patriots had the advantage of not being made to travel on the same day as a positive (they traveled on Monday, not Saturday) and not having to travel on one plane.  My point was they were put in a better position to contain the positive case than the Titans.  

And how has that worked out for them?  

Edited by iknowcool

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Huh?  What incorrect statements did I make?  I said the Patriots had the advantage of not being made to travel on the same day as a positive (they traveled on Monday, not Saturday) and not having to travel on one plane.  My point was they were put in a better position to contain the positive case than the Titans.  

And how has that worked out for them?  

The NFL didn't make them do anything.  The Titans could have chose to wait to travel.  They chose not to.

• Like 1