2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Like, the NFL/teams have been implementing serious measures to keep everyone safe and not allowing for an outbreak to happen and you go out into the public amid an outbreak with eachother and practice?

Like seriously...LOL. Does common sense just not kick in after all the strict protocols for the past several months?

i really gotta know what the hell was going through these dudes heads. it's incomprehensible to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I agree with you. But I don't think they should get a W and an extra bye week either. The NFL needs to add weeks 18-20 right now and push games to those dates as needed.

This seems to be the overall opinion of the thread, along with "Titans Dumb!" (I agree with both)

Edited by UncleAdamz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i really gotta know what the hell was going through these dudes heads. it's incomprehensible to me.

You would think at least one person would step up and say something and everyone would realize just how dumb of an idea that is.

Idk idk idk

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I agree with you. But I don't think they should get a W and an extra bye week either. The NFL needs to add weeks 18-20 right now and push games to those dates as needed.

I do get the automatic W problem if you're the Pats/KC/Ravens in the AFC and don't want Buffalo to be 5-0.

But from the stand point of Bills vs Titans, one team was ready for Sunday and followed protocol and one team did not. The Titans shouldn't get another chance in week 19 to get a win vs the Bills because they blew it when they had the chance in week 5.

Just now, The BILLievers said:

I do get the automatic W problem if you're the Pats/KC/Ravens in the AFC and don't want Buffalo to be 5-0.

But from the stand point of Bills vs Titans, one team was ready for Sunday and followed protocol and one team did not. The Titans shouldn't get another chance in week 19 to get a win vs the Bills because they blew it when they had the chance in week 5.

The issue I find with this is finding the line between a forfeit and just going forward and playing despite having 1 or a few cases. If it can't be determined whether you followed protocol or not before a game, what would happen?

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

i mean....then you kind of almost have to pause the league, no? otherwise you're gonna royally screw with the bills' schedule which is even less fair to them than making them wait to play the game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I say this as a fan with the Titans on our schedule. Do NOT make them forfeit the season. That’s going to screw with playoff chases royally.

And draft slotting. I'm sure Miami doesn't want two extra wins on their found money.

Fines are a given. Perhaps a draft pick. And iff any specific player/coach/team personnel did something exceptionally egregious, than suspension is another option. 

There was no way we were going to play 256 games in 17 weeks. Games will be delayed, I'm going to guess we get at least one week delay from the regular season to post-season, along with other accommodations. And it won't always be fair, but that's the price to pay to enjoy football during a pandemic. 

I don't support a forfeiture punishment.  Games should be won and lost on the field. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

The only thing I can think of is that the game was still scheduled to go on at that point.  It bothers me that the NFL drags its feet leaving a team to wonder, "Am I going to need to play a game this weekend when our facilities don't even open until Saturday morning?"  But no one is going to punish the NFL for that.

And that's not meant as an excuse for the Titans players.  No excuse.  We deserve what is coming.