Washington benches QB Dwayne Haskins; starting QB Kyle Allen

RaidersAreOne

In all honesty, Hurricane Dwayne may not be the answer, but the kid has started all of 13 games in his career. You knew that he was raw coming out, as a 1 year college starter, and last week he actually was relatively efficient against one of the best defenses/teams in the entire league. He's 23 years old (just turned 23 in May), and outside of the Browns game in which he threw 3 INT, he hasn't thrown a single INT. His completion percentage is improving, you have virtually no running game, your offensive firepower is underwhelming...what exactly have you done to help him out on offense?

Kyle Allen has started more games thus far in his career than Dwayne Haskins. This doesn't make sense IMO.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He's not Rivera's guy.  For that matter, neither was he Jay Gruden's guy.  He was a Bruce Allen/Dan Snyder pick.  

At least this tells us that, for now, Snyder is deferring to his coaches.  

That’s true. Still i guess I’d rather try and see what they have, not like they are going to save the season with Kyle Allen

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Is anyone really surprised by this? Yes, he was thrust into a bad situation on short notice last year, but he hasn't improved at all. He's been awful.

He was inaccurate as a rookie.  Analytics show that rookie CPOE correlates to career CPOE.  This means that accuracy is difficult to improve.  So no, I'm not surprised.  But a lot of people even in the analytics community still made excuses for Haskins and doubled down on him this offseason.  They should have known better.