Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

I don’t agree with this, Haskins isn’t lighting the world on fire but Kyle Allen isn’t going to be much of at all better and has less potential to be a top 10 QB with a year more of development. The only thing Allen will have over Haskins is knowledge of the system, time will tell if that matters.

Haskins has to be the only QB in history to go 71% for 314 yds & a 90.4 rtg and get benched.

He’s not playing great, but he’s not playing awful. No running game, average at best OL play, only one real weapon as a WR and a D that’s blown coverages since week 1 has as much with Washington being only 1-3 as Haskins does.

So much for an evaluation year!

• Like 4

*Overreaction coming*

I'm done watching this team. 

You preach process and growth yet bench someone 4 weeks in, after their best career game in a lot of areas.

If Kyle Allen has one bad game he better get benched. Having over a year in Scott Turners offense, there should be less of a leash.

/Rant

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 2

This is beyond moronic.

This isn't the RG3 vs. Tampa game where the QB was so bad you couldn't evaluate anyone else on offense. He did some poor things in the game, sure. But he wasn't completely bad either. The kid WAS growing into the offense.

And now, to switch to Kyle tells me that Ron and Scott never wanted to work with Dwayne at all. We should just trade him to a team before the deadline and then tank for Trevor if this is how we're going to approach things this year.

This isn't just stupid.

It's STOOOOOPID

• Like 4

This is good news.  This shows that Rivera is not being clamped down on by Dan.  It also lets us see how the rest of the offense looks with a different QB and evaluate what the problem really is.  For the Haskins fans out there, if Kyle Allen sucks they will be able to support it was the surrounding cast all along.  

We should never have drafted Dwayne Haskins in the first place.  We had a lame duck head coach who didn't want a rookie QB cause he needed to save his job.  We had a terrible GM who took Dan's pick to try to save his job as well.  Dwayne Haskins should not have been a first round pick.  Taking him that early hyped him up to be something he was not.  

• Like 2

Just now, MKnight82 said:

We should never have drafted Dwayne Haskins in the first place.  We had a lame duck head coach who didn't want a rookie QB cause he needed to save his job.  We had a terrible GM who took Dan's pick to try to save his job as well.  Dwayne Haskins should not have been a first round pick.  Taking him that early hyped him up to be something he was not.  

That's a fair point in hindsight.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

This is good news.  This shows that Rivera is not being clamped down on by Dan.  It also lets us see how the rest of the offense looks with a different QB and evaluate what the problem really is.  For the Haskins fans out there, if Kyle Allen sucks they will be able to support it was the surrounding cast all along.  

I like the thought process, I just don't feel that he has gotten a fair shake towards improvement. 3 different head coaches in 15 (i think) games and the last head coach puts you in a position to fail and is surprised when you do.

If Ron Rivera wanted Kyle Allen at the start of the season he should have started him. I would be significantly more forgiving of this, but he pretty much tried to tank Dwayne's confidence and then bury him on the team, which does no good for his value if you want to trade him or his ability to do his job if he stays.

It just seems like Bruce Allen's treatment of Kirk Cousins all over again. (Not comparing Cousins and Haskins)