Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

32 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

K6feXdL.jpg

Not a Haskins' fan boy (he's played poorly) so much as a fan who feels he's been hoodwinked by the promise of a new era in Washington with an honorable man in charge.

It's the same ish that it always was around here.

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Without looking at stats they have a similar feel. Rosen with Cards was under defensive pressure quicker than any other qb. Then he gets to the Dolphins (new system) and they trade off a pro bowler from the OL. Leaving him with nothing to work with while management tries to build draft capital.

For me. Anyone bashing Rosen and not looking at Haskins in the same light is off base here.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RoseJo01.htm

Look at Rosen’s career stats & game logs. They’re worse than Haskins’s. Also, he’s a turnover machine, Haskins is not.

Nice Try though...

If anything Kyle Allen of last year compares to what Rosen was, Haskins was better than both. Maybe Allen does better this year, TBD.

Just now, Woz said:

Not a Haskins' fan boy (he's played poorly) so much as a fan who feels he's been hoodwinked by the promise of a new era in Washington with an honorable man in charge.

And what was it you told me just a couple days ago.... Oh yeah...

On 10/6/2020 at 10:13 AM, Woz said:

There's only been one common denominator over those 20+ years ... and it's the business owner himself. So, unless you can get him to change or sell (I'm not sure what's more likely), just accept the suck and hope for some changes around the margins.

22 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He’s won a division title with a record under .500 before. With the state of the NFCE, he must see an opportunity to do it again. At least, that’s the only thing I can think of right now

Indeed, but how does that help the franchise to get blasted out of the playoffs?

Said 2014-15 Carolina Panthers team made the playoffs with a 7-8-1 record. And then they won the wild card weekend, 27-16, over Arizona!

They then traveled to Seattle and got their ***** handed to them 31-17.

For their trouble, they ended up with the 25th overall pick.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RoseJo01.htm

Look at Rosen’s career stats & game logs. They’re worse than Haskins’s. Also, he’s a turnover machine, Haskins is not.

Nice Try though...

If anything Kyle Allen of last year compares to what Rosen was, Haskins was better than both. Maybe Allen does better this year, TBD.

NOPE!. As Haskins fanboys cry. To small a sample size to go by for Rosen. NOPE DONT WORK HERE.

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

NOPE!. As Haskins fanboys cry. To small a sample size to go by for Rosen. NOPE DONT WORK HERE.

It’s not about that, read it, learn it educate yourself, don’t just come back with a baseless attack. Make a meaningful post.

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I disagree.  Maybe it’s because I hated the Haskins pick from the beginning or because I knew a new coach meant a new QB.  But please elaborate.

I feel like these two posts (one belonging to @e16bball and one belonging to me) kind of cover the space for the GM

As for the coaching hat, you've created a hornet's nest of a controversy. You had better hope that Kyle Allen lights the world on fire because what was the point otherwise? How does that help those other players in the locker room that turned on their captain after four starts if they're still losing?

And for what? To have a 10% shot at divisional title? Rivera has personally seen what happens when a poor team stumbles its way into the playoffs. It gets smacked around.

Oh, and lest anyone say "well, they went 15-1 the next season!" remember this: they had Cam Newton at his height that season. Washington doesn't have Cam Newton.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s not about that, read it, learn it educate yourself, don’t just come back with a baseless attack. Make a meaningful post.

So dont do as you do. Okay.

Well Id take Rosen. Because Rosen, no matter how many hits he took due to poor lines, or how many ints. He never developed into a guy afraid to fling it.

And just looking at Haskins work against the Ravens. He was scared.

19 minutes ago, Woz said:

Indeed, but how does that help the franchise to get blasted out of the playoffs?

Said 2014-15 Carolina Panthers team made the playoffs with a 7-8-1 record. And then they won the wild card weekend, 27-16, over Arizona!

They then traveled to Seattle and got their ***** handed to them 31-17.

For their trouble, they ended up with the 25th overall pick.

I agree with you.  None of this makes any sense to me at all, and hearing from multiple people that the press conference was a debacle (to put it nicely, and in terms Webby approves of being used) makes this even worse.  

I had little confidence in Rivera to begin with.  Now it's all gone.  

If Dan really wants to embrace the tank to get #1 overall, let everyone walk and throw a ton of money at Dabo and let him do his thing with the culture and Trevor. 

I really just don't understand what this franchise is doing right now.  And please, before anyone quotes or @'s me, I am NOT advocating doing what I said in the sentence above. 

24 minutes ago, Woz said:

There is one constant who just can't seem to stand out of anyone's way, no matter what anyone says otherwise.  

13 minutes ago, Woz said:

I feel like these two posts (one belonging to @e16bball and one belonging to me) kind of cover the space for the GM

As for the coaching hat, you've created a hornet's nest of a controversy. You had better hope that Kyle Allen lights the world on fire because what was the point otherwise? How does that help those other players in the locker room that turned on their captain after four starts if they're still losing?

And for what? To have a 10% shot at divisional title? Rivera has personally seen what happens when a poor team stumbles its way into the playoffs. It gets smacked around.

Oh, and lest anyone say "well, they went 15-1 the next season!" remember this: they had Cam Newton at his height that season. Washington doesn't have Cam Newton.

Washington also doesn't have the myriad of All-Pro level players that the Panthers had that year as well.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

There is one constant who just can't seem to stand out of anyone's way, no matter what anyone says otherwise.  

And I had hoped that Rivera being in charge would have negated Danny boy ... but I guess Synderitis is more contagious than we ever knew.

9 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So dont do as you do. Okay.

Well Id take Rosen. Because Rosen, no matter how many hits he took due to poor lines, or how many ints. He never developed into a guy afraid to fling it.

And just looking at Haskins work against the Ravens. He was scared.

He's thinking too much.  This is a super-complicated offense.  Lots of pre-snap motions.  Lots of screens, which means his OL is constantly on the move.  There have been clear protection issues- some from the incompetence on the left side of the line, and some from errors in calling out protections at the LOS, which falls on both the C and QB, and is highlighted with a new, complicated offense.  

This has just been a disaster.  Haskins needed to know he had this season to prove himself.  He didn't need to be looking other his shoulder four games into the season.  He's playing scared, both for his job and because he's getting hit, and he is probably behind on the offense due to Covid and everything else.