Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I agree with you.  None of this makes any sense to me at all, and hearing from multiple people that the press conference was a debacle (to put it nicely, and in terms Webby approves of being used) makes this even worse.  

I had little confidence in Rivera to begin with.  Now it's all gone.  

If Dan really wants to embrace the tank to get #1 overall, let everyone walk and throw a ton of money at Dabo and let him do his thing with the culture and Trevor. 

I really just don't understand what this franchise is doing right now.  And please, before anyone quotes or @'s me, I am NOT advocating doing what I said in the sentence above. 

I'm curious why benching a developmental (at best) young QB merits this strong of a response.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

A lot of that is what Scot referred to in his presser. He didnt have the preseason and is trying to learn during actual games. And its not working for him this way. Hes becoming shellshocked back there instead. To me it makes sense to pull him, regroup, settle him down, let him catch up. Then reintroduce him to the field of play.

That doesn't happen during the regular season. The backups get very little in the way of reps during the week. If you want to pull the QB, you do it IN the game. Then coach him up and get him back there next week. Once you make this type of move, the QB is basically done. And everyone knows it.

This was the season to take our lumps while we watched him learn the offense and grow as a QB. The icing on the cake would be a top-5 pick as a result. And if we didn't like what Dwayne did, we could trade him then while we draft our QB in 2021.

Doing it this way gets us probably a few more wins with Allen. A few more at most. And you saw what one win did for us. It was the difference between drafting #1 and #2 this draft. And another one could have dropped us another 3 spots (IIRC). 

So with that in mind, we end up 1) not being able to evaluate the guy we spent a 1st round pick on in 2019 2) tanking his trade value 3) playing ourselves into middling position in the draft  -- where we always seem to be to miss out on great talent -- and missing out on the top 2 or 3 QB prospects.

The smarter move was to ride Dwayne all 16 games. Lumps and all. Develop him as much as possible. And if he still wasn't the guy at the end of the season? Now we know and we can go forward. But doing this is stupid.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That QB was selected by the prior incompetence.  We have a new sheriff in town.  

Who has thus far proven to not be as advertised, and who I had extreme reservations about in the beginning anyway.  

I just watched it, and there is no easy way to put that press conference.......it was bad.  I expected more from a guy who is all about the players who has done this for the past decade.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Who has thus far proven to not be as advertised, and who I had extreme reservations about in the beginning anyway.  

You mean 4 games into a multi year rebuild.  *yawn*

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just watched it, and there is no easy way to put that press conference.......it was bad.  I expected more from a guy who is all about the players who has done this for the past decade. 

Welcome to being the mod for a ****ty team bro. Cheers.  @Woz @Thaiphoon

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He has pulled a 180 on everything he said when he was hired and basically buried Haskins the QB while propping up his guy Kyle Allen. This was set up from the moment he traded for Kyle Allen. He should have started Allen at the beginning and it would look less scummy.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm curious why benching a developmental (at best) young QB merits this strong of a response.  

Why is the "developmental (at best)" not getting any reps in practice to ... you know ... develop? Regardless of whether they drafted him a round or two early, he was a draftable quarterback. Why is Steven Montez being developed more right now than Dwayne Haskins?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Why is the "developmental (at best)" not getting any reps in practice to ... you know ... develop? Regardless of whether they drafted him a round or two early, he was a draftable quarterback. Why is Steven Montez being developed more right now than Dwayne Haskins?

Because the worse GM of all time drafted him.  Not Rivera.  

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

He has pulled a 180 on everything he said when he was hired and basically buried Haskins the QB while propping up his guy Kyle Allen. This was set up from the moment he traded for Kyle Allen. He should have started Allen at the beginning and it would look less scummy.

Everything I have learned the past 14 years about leadership and leading organizations made me cringe and facepalm when I saw it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That QB was selected by the prior incompetence.  We have a new sheriff in town.  

Incompetence is incompetenc.. It's continuing. Benching Haskins in hopes to win the division means you have no long term vision for the franchise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Because the worse GM of all time drafted him.  Not Rivera.  

So, Steven Montez has more chance to develop than Dwayne Haskins?

Keep in mind, that while Allen was a complete chode of a human being, the early returns on Ron Rivera the GM are not looking so great.

• Like 1