Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

5 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I think Rivera is making it pretty clear that theres nothing to work with in Haskins and its time to move on.

People saying "Ride it out." Ron sees FAR more of the players than any fan could hope to see. And hes saying Jamarcus is not worth putting on the field.

I am on this side of it.   Haskins does seems to be growing, but not at an NFL trajectory yet.  Rivera is stuck in a position of seeing this project through, or losing all of the guys that have worked so hard bc of that allegiance.  The dismissal of Thomas Davis' advice in the preseason was pretty telling.  Haskins has truly been helpless, and as a fan, I don't think I have ever  felt hopeful this year that something is good to happen when we have the ball.  Just because every 20 passes you do something great (39-yard dime to McLaurin was perfect), the rest for the most part has been garbage.  I think most people on this board could speak to a relationship they have had that they are glad they got out of.  Maybe next year...Rivera did seem to give him a lot of outs.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

And as a result, he's put a ton of personal credibility at stake when he didn't need to.

He even admitted that they wouldn't have considered this had the division not been so poor and the NFC East crown up for grabs.

So what happens if they don't win it?

What happens if in the process of chasing the crown, they trade picks away to get the "piece" (or I suppose pieces?) to win the crown ... and they still fall short?

Maybe some combination of the players they have now come together and make the team look competent enough that I'll sit here eating crow for a long long time. I would be perfectly fine with that!

However, from what I have seen of the offensive line, I don't think changing the QB is going to change anything for the offense, playbook comprehension or no.

You've gotten your wish: no more Haskins. May it be all that you dreamed of. I say that with all honesty because if it isn't, it's going to be a miserable few months.

Go back to RG3 Cousins. RG3 was sacked 14-16% of pass plays. Cousins came in, not getting the ball out of his hand any faster. 4% sack rate. Guys played better for him. Desean ran routes harder. Blockers fought harder. It was like a relief lifted off the offense. Could be looking at the same type effect. Never know.

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Go back to RG3 Cousins. RG3 was sacked 14-16% of pass plays. Cousins came in, not getting the ball out of his hand any faster. 4% sack rate. Guys played better for him. Desean ran routes harder. Blockers fought harder. It was like a relief lifted off the offense. Could be looking at the same type effect. Never know.

Cousins was a 4th round pick, collegiate star who probably should’ve been picked higher. Kyle Allen sucked so bad in college that he had to transfer and ended up sucking at the college he transferred too. And he sucked last year. He threw like 16 interceptions in 12 starts. He was turning the ball over at a higher rate than Jameis Winston. And he did all this while apparently “knowing the system”. Kyle Allen is nothing like Kirk Cousins and Haskins wasn’t playing nearly as bad as RG3 was. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Cousins was a 4th round pick, collegiate star who probably should’ve been picked higher. Kyle Allen sucked so bad in college that he had to transfer and ended up sucking at the college he transferred too. And he sucked last year. He threw like 16 interceptions in 12 starts. He was turning the ball over at a higher rate than Jameis Winston. And he did all this while apparently “knowing the system”. Kyle Allen is nothing like Kirk Cousins and Haskins wasn’t playing nearly as bad as RG3 was. 

Yes. 16 ints in 12 starts. Did he ever look scared to sling it even with the ints? Haskins was petrified last week. That drive before the half was the tell all on that.

And I wasnt talking about the qbs performing. I was talking about the surrounding cast. Desean was the happiest person in the world when Kirk came in over RG. Guys played better for him than they did RG.

10 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yes. 16 ints in 12 starts. Did he ever look scared to sling it even with the ints? Haskins was petrified last week. That drive before the half was the tell all on that.

And I wasnt talking about the qbs performing. I was talking about the surrounding cast. Desean was the happiest person in the world when Kirk came in over RG. Guys played better for him than they did RG.

Man, this is really weird. So now we’re okay with turnovers cause “he’s gonna sling it”? My god, if that’s the case let’s trade for Jameis or bring Rex back. Kyle Allen was absolutely dreadful last year but here you are making excuses for why he should be on the field instead of Haskins, excuse me “Jamarcus”. You can think I’m a Haskins fanboy all you want but your disdain for him is causing you to think a guy who had the highest turnover rate of any starting QB last year is somehow an improvement. And he threw all them interceptions while knowing the system lol. Hooo boy, I can’t wait to see Allen out there so guys like Logan Thomas and Wes Schweitzer don’t have to hold back all their talent anymore. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Man, this is really weird. So now we’re okay with turnovers cause “he’s gonna sling it”? My god, if that’s the case let’s trade for Jameis or bring Rex back. Kyle Allen was absolutely dreadful last year but here you are making excuses for why he should be on the field instead of Haskins, excuse me “Jamarcus”. You can think I’m a Haskins fanboy all you want but your disdain for him is causing you to think a guy who had the highest turnover rate of any starting QB last year is somehow an improvement. And he threw all them interceptions while knowing the system lol. Hooo boy, I can’t wait to see Allen out there so guys like Logan Thomas and Wes Schweitzer don’t have to hold back all their talent anymore. 

You’re wasting your time man. PH never wanted Haskins and he said we should replace him no matter what before the season even started.

In fact I think PH is one of the guys - @RSkinGM included - who hasn’t liked one starting QB Washington has had since they joined the board - but hey, that back up, that next QB that’s going to be one fore sure!

PATIENCE is a virtue and some people have zippy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Most young qbs throw right many INTs early in careers and do pretty well for themselves. Remember Kirk throwing 4 ints against the Giants? Both Mannings threw a ton, Farve, Fouts, Bradshaw, Doug Williams, Ben had 23 at age 24, the very age of Kyle now.

So why dont you make me a list of guys that overcame being petrified to throw the ball down field and developed? It doesnt really work that way. Jamarcus is rattled, hes shellshocked, hes scared to throw it after the Browns figured him out.

Some things can be worked on. Others cant. Thats why the plugs been pulled and the coach is confident in saying that hes learned all he needed to know about this guy.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You’re wasting your time man. PH never wanted Haskins and he said we should replace him no matter what before the season even started.

In fact I think PH is one of the guys - @RSkinGM included - who hasn’t liked one starting QB Washington has had since they joined the board - but hey, that back up, that next QB that’s going to be one fore sure!

PATIENCE is a virtue and some people have zippy.

Listen up Bandwagon.  I argued for Kirks contract. I was the first to bring up RG3 while in college. I love Rex.

Now. Run along little Steelers fan. This area is for Washington Football Team fans.

On 6/12/2020 at 4:05 PM, turtle28 said:

I just want to talk about my Steelers fandom which some of you may know already as I’ve been on and off this forum for the last 12-13 years.

Needless to say, I was born a Steelers fan. My parents lived only 45 minutes from Pittsburgh but in Ohio during the greatest decade of the Steelers organization, the 70s.

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Listen up Bandwagon.  I argued for Kirks contract. I was the first to bring up RG3 while in college. I love Rex.

Now. Run along little Steelers fan. This area is for Washington Football Team fans.

Edited by turtle28

23 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

oh wow turtle you root for the steelers also?

4 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

oh wow turtle you root for the steelers also?

It says just what it says. I was born a Steelers fan. My parents are from a town in Ohio near Pitt. My parents moved here when my mom was pregnant for me in 1978 bc my dad got a new job. I became a Washington fan in kindergarten, my dad said I came off the bus the first day of school and said “Dad, I’m not a Steelers fan anymore, I’m a Redskins fan!” And that was that. I’ve loved the Skins ever since, but I root for the Steelers vs everyone else and like to see them do well and especially beat the damn Ravens!

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You should be kicked out of the forum for being a troll and throwing insults around. Should’ve happened a decade ago, you’re lucky I’m not a Mod.

I see no insult. I see a truth with supporting facts to back it up.

But hey. Welcome to ignore. Population 1. Adios. 😘