Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I remember watching George Allen as the coach. I remember Jack Pardee. And Riggins' one year holdout in 1980 (IIRC is was that year or '81). I remember hiring Gibbs the first time. 

I was 13 when they won their first Super Bowl (I'd turn 14 later that summer). The "Golden Years" were all in my teenage and early college years. 

I was just starting my last semester in High School when they beat the Broncos.

In fact, I was in college when they beat the Bills in the SB and came within 6 points of going undefeated.

I remember it all. But with Snyder, it is clouding my memories. Happy Happy Memories. 

I need Bob Ross for the mind.

I was born in 85’. I don’t remember the good ole days much lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I remember watching George Allen as the coach. I remember Jack Pardee. And Riggins' one year holdout in 1980 (IIRC is was that year or '81). I remember hiring Gibbs the first time. 

I was 13 when they won their first Super Bowl (I'd turn 14 later that summer). The "Golden Years" were all in my teenage and early college years. 

I was just starting my last semester in High School when they beat the Broncos.

In fact, I was in college when they beat the Bills in the SB and came within 6 points of going undefeated.

I remember it all. But with Snyder, it is clouding my memories. Happy Happy Memories. 

I need Bob Ross for the mind.

Yeah used to get those stories from my parents my dad just Cheers for Brady now but me and my mom always talked about the glory years my whole childhood that’s special you got too see all of that!!!! Yeah Snyder has been painful sadly but I hope some thing can change but change is hard I trust Rivera even if I don’t always agree so I’m gonna just hope this is leading us twards the future we all are hoping for

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Wonder how they are gonna do that when our PS QB is taking snaps and not him.

I think they'll work him back in.. He might really just need to breath and relax. watch and learn and restart. ! This could be the end of him Washington but I don't think it has to be . Maybe next year will be more "normal" .  Training camp, preseason etc - He might make a big jump. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Wonder how they are gonna do that when our PS QB is taking snaps and not him.

BTW- speaking of that . I hope they activate Montez ! Love to see him in goal line or third and 1 , wildcat type things . He could be like our Taysom . 

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They are off to a great start by having Haskins take zero snaps yesterday. 

Do you think he'd have his head / heart into taking snaps the day his heart has be cutout .. ? uhh, no.. not today . Let me catch my breath man.. 

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I think they'll work him back in.. He might really just need to breath and relax. watch and learn and restart. ! This could be the end of him Washington but I don't think it has to be . Maybe next year will be more "normal" .  Training camp, preseason etc - He might make a big jump. 

It has to be. This move signifies that they are done with him and are looking elsewhere for their future QB. A pulling him from a game where he's not doing well is one thing. Demoting him from starter to basically 4th string is basically telling us that barring injury, he's not seeing the field this year.

Which means that we've wasted half of his rookie contract. And will go into year 3 of his 4 year (*) rookie contract without knowing if he can actually play the game or not. 

The reason why young QBs are playing, faults and all, is because they are cheap and you can replace them if they don't work out (after playing them). You don't waste 2 years of the cheap deal with the guy on the bench and THEN try to play him.

(*) BTW - I know that 1st rounders can have up to 5 years. But remember, that 5th year is a guaranteed (**) year and the teams must make a decision to exercise that option in a tight window. The window to pick up the option begins after a player's THIRD NFL regular season ends. And must then be picked up by the following May 3rd (before the 4th year begins). So in Haskins' case, if we kept him, he'd have to prove a ton next year. Anyone want to take bets on this coaching staff developing him after this? 

(**) It is guaranteed for injury the moment the option is exercised. It is fully guaranteed the first day of the start of the player's 5th NFL season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It has to be. This move signifies that they are done with him and are looking elsewhere for their future QB. A pulling him from a game where he's not doing well is one thing. Demoting him from starter to basically 4th string is basically telling us that barring injury, he's not seeing the field this year.

Which means that we've wasted half of his rookie contract. And will go into year 3 of his 4 year (*) rookie contract without knowing if he can actually play the game or not. 

The reason why young QBs are playing, faults and all, is because they are cheap and you can replace them if they don't work out (after playing them). You don't waste 2 years of the cheap deal with the guy on the bench and THEN try to play him.

(*) BTW - I know that 1st rounders can have up to 5 years. But remember, that 5th year is a guaranteed (**) year and the teams must make a decision to exercise that option in a tight window. The window to pick up the option begins after a player's THIRD NFL regular season ends. And must then be picked up by the following May 3rd (before the 4th year begins). So in Haskins' case, if we kept him, he'd have to prove a ton next year. Anyone want to take bets on this coaching staff developing him after this? 

(**) It is guaranteed for injury the moment the option is exercised. It is fully guaranteed the first day of the start of the player's 5th NFL season.

This is not a normal year. I think Covid changed all the rules and he might get a fresh start 2021. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

They are going to “formulate a plan” to keep Dwayne Haskins engaged and growing in the offense.

Quote from the O C .

Well, that’s good. At least they’re not dumping him. Could this be a Kirk Cousins situation from 2014 and Haskins comes back to win the job from Kyle Allen and against a rookie we draft in 2021? Possibly.