Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

And here come the leaks lol. Now he was being lazy, wasn’t studying, Alex Smith was outworking him etc. This is what this team does to players when they’re done with you. They’ve done it to each and everyone of them. Didn’t take long this time. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well, that’s good. At least they’re not dumping him. Could this be a Kirk Cousins situation from 2014 and Haskins comes back to win the job from Kyle Allen and against a rookie we draft in 2021? Possibly.

Yes, it is POSSIBLE ! Like you said earlier , not likely but still,,,POSSIBLE !

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And here come the leaks lol. Now he was being lazy, wasn’t studying, Alex Smith was outworking him etc. This is what this team does to players when they’re done with you. They’ve done it to each and everyone of them. Didn’t take long this time. 

Thought we got rid of those guys and were changing the culture. Guess not. Rooting for this franchise is an exercise in futility. 

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I haven't seen this . Where are you getting this ?

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

The lack of integrity goes all the way to the top, even when someone with it enters the organization 

I have some more negative stuff to say 😂 but I’ll take a brief respite to say a couple things that are silver linings here. 

Number one, I actually do expect Allen to play better than Haskins has over the last 4 weeks. He does know the offense better, I’m sure, and I also have very little doubt that Haskins was in fact leaving some opportunities out there. It’s also his trend to start out strong and then fade. So for what that’s worth, I expect an uptick at the QB position in the next few weeks. On the other hand, all the beat writers could say during camp was how bad Allen looked, but let’s not delve into that one here in my positive post. 

Numbet two, this does simplify things. Now that they’ve eliminated Haskins as a potential future Franchise Guy™️, we now have zero of them on the roster. Which means the search begins (again) in earnest. There are three categories of teams: (1) teams with a true Franchise Guy™️; (2) teams with a potential Franchise Guy™️; and (3) teams with neither. Each time has to have a different mindset in terms of roster moves and personnel decisions.

Yesterday, we officially moved from category 2 to category 3. Some would argue we were already behaving as thought we were in category 3, and on many levels I agree with that. But either way, our existence as a franchise has now become much more simple. Our top priority, miles above everything else, is finding a potential true Franchise Guy™️. Doesn’t mean we have to force it — to do some massive draft trade-up or take the best guy available to us regardless of how we evaluate him — but every other need on the roster has just moved to the back burner. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

These were knocks on him during the draft.  

52 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I agree with Lavar. To me this feels like a decision was made and now you’re in the PR business of justifying it and spinning. 

Its embarrassing and we don't have Dan Snyder to blame for this one.  Rivera has taken on the old culture rather than change it.  Can't we keep something in house just one time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Thought we got rid of those guys and were changing the culture. Guess not. Rooting for this franchise is an exercise in futility. 

Yeah like we as fans don’t need a explanation make the decision and stick too it. These guys are playing to themselves there’s no reason to trash or even attempt to justify this. The leaks are sad as a organization