Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

17 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Go back to RG3 Cousins. RG3 was sacked 14-16% of pass plays. Cousins came in, not getting the ball out of his hand any faster. 4% sack rate. Guys played better for him. Desean ran routes harder. Blockers fought harder. It was like a relief lifted off the offense. Could be looking at the same type effect. Never know.

Here's hoping it works out.

• Like 2

Haskins’ sack % is 8.2, 1/2 of RG3’s, anything else?

And Kyle Allen doesn’t have Cousins’ talent. Cousins was throwing for 300 yards almost every game in 2014, he was averaging 285 pass yards per game, and 2 passing TDs a game. 

Mike & Kyle Shanahan had Cousins rated as a 2nd round QB, they were spot on, truthfully with how his career has gone, he and Wilson should’ve gone top 10 behind Luck.

The Kyle Allen = Kirk Cousins discussion needs to end bc it’s no discussion.

If Kirk Had started every game in 2014 after RG3 dislocated his ankle vs the Jags, Kirk was on pace to throw for 62%, 4500 yds and 28 TDs... in 14.5 games.

Did Kyle Allen do that last year?

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm not a big Michael Lombardi fan but that is a very telling interview.  I completely agree with him when he said the supporting cast doesn't make the QB better the QB makes the supporting cast better.  

Yes but the supporting cast can’t just be comprised of a bunch of late round picks and former scrubs from other teams. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Yes but the supporting cast can’t just be comprised of a bunch of late round picks and former scrubs from other teams. 

Gibson was a 3rd round pick. 

McLaurin was a 3rd round pick.  

Gandy-Golden was a 4th round pick.

Christian was a 3rd round pick. 

Wes Martin was a 4th round pick. 

Scherff was a 1st round pick.

Moses was a 3rd round pick.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm not a big Michael Lombardi fan but that is a very telling interview.  I completely agree with him when he said the supporting cast doesn't make the QB better the QB makes the supporting cast better.  

So... basically Kirk Cousins and how he made Ryan Grant and Josh Doctson look in 2017 as his starting outside WRs and then Bruce/Dan didn’t re-sign him?

That being said, as Lavar eluded to, we don’t have a starting caliber TE or WR but Terry for Haskins. Logan Thomas has been a #3 TE most - if not all - of his career and he can’t block. Inman is ok, but he’s not a #2 WR, more like a #4 type.

If we had Terry, Hooper & a solid #2 possession WR opposite Terry w/ a healthy Steven Sims in the slot, then we’d have something but to evaluate Haskins by but, we still wouldn’t have a balanced offense bc we have Scotty Gruden as an OC.

Edited by turtle28

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is a fun read:

That sucks. I thought I invented the Jamarcus name brand. Freakin @MikeT14 beat me by a year and a half. 😡

On 4/25/2019 at 10:22 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Looking at the division qbs going into the future. I like this pick. Think he can be as good as Carson and better than Jones and Dak.

Now if he only had someone to throw too.

Well... I feel I called it pretty well there.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

39 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Gibson was a 3rd round pick. 

McLaurin was a 3rd round pick.  

Gandy-Golden was a 4th round pick.

Christian was a 3rd round pick. 

Wes Martin was a 4th round pick. 

Scherff was a 1st round pick.

Moses was a 3rd round pick.  

Gandy-Golden doesn’t see the field. Christian and Martin are terrible. Scherff almost never plays. So we think we have something in Gibson and we struck gold with McLaurin. Moses is steady. You know, just as well as I do that this supporting cast is not good. If you’re saying these guys would suddenly be better if we had a better QB then I don’t know what to tell you? Christian hasn’t been able to get on the field for three years and Martin wasn’t on anyone’s draft radar that does it for a living. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

This is not a normal year. I think Covid changed all the rules and he might get a fresh start 2021. 

But it doesn't change the contract part of it. The NFLPA and Owners didn't just come together and change that. That's still what we're up against. We have him for one more season after this one to decide if he's our guy before we have to decide to exercise the 5th year or not. That's not enough time if all we've been doing for two seasons is sitting him on the bench.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Thought we got rid of those guys and were changing the culture. Guess not. Rooting for this franchise is an exercise in futility. 

Yup.

@lavar703 you beat me to it about the leaks. The fact that no one in this organization knows how to shut their mouths and just issue platitudes is mind boggling.

@e16bball mentioned something earlier about this which is completely correct. I DON'T want my head coach to be honest when talking to the media. I don't care if the guy is not getting off his *** in practice and is telling the coach to go screw himself.

THAT.STUFF.STAYS.IN.HOUSE!!!

You CANNOT castigate a player for ripping the coaches and the practices in the media and then also turn around and do the same to the players.

If the player is lazy? STHU !! Simply say "We think going with Kyle gives us a better chance to win..." and then... STHU!!!!!

This is a toxic organization and I no longer have ANY faith in Ron to do anything about it. That crap should've stopped the moment he got here. But he was too busy worrying about being a faux GM and heading up the name change, the seating arrangements at the banquet (hyperbole but you get the point), etc... instead of instilling in EVERYONE to STHU !!!!

THAI's NOTE: This is one of those times where if you guys caught me in a bar and we talked about this, my language would be saltier than the Dead Sea. So you can imagine my restraint in posting the above.

• Like 1