Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

Couple quick updates around halftime of the 1pm games.

Kyle Allen: 9/13, 74 yards (5.7 Y/A), 0 TDs, 0 INTs

Alex Smith: 7/8, 32 yards (4.0 Y/A), 0 TDs, 0 INTs

Joe Burrow: 9/19, 87 yards (4.6 Y/A), 0 TDs, 1 INT

Decided to throw Burrow in there because folks point to him as a rookie already thriving. He’s playing the same Ravens that we played last week. 

Now go look at how bad Haskins was compared to those guys! He was embarrassing himself out there, change had to be made for everyone’s sake 🙄

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Decided to throw Burrow in there because folks point to him as a rookie already thriving. He’s playing the same Ravens that we played last week. 

Now go look at how bad Haskins was compared to those guys! He was embarrassing himself out there, change had to be made for everyone’s sake 🙄

HOW COULD WE HAVE KNOWN IT WOULD GO SO WRONG?!?!

well, beyond all of us predicting that it would, I mean ...

Wasn’t exactly sure where to put this, so I figured the QB change thread was as good as anywhere. Maybe it’s worth its own thread, so if a mod thinks so, feel free to move it.

We’re all caught up in the drama and histrionics about the QB change, good or bad, but it does bear recognizing that Alex Smith has officially accomplished something that very few people ever believed he would. Or even could. 

That man is truly impressive. The dedication, tenacity, courage, and downright stubbornness required to come back from an injury like that — especially at his age — is really remarkable. I‘be said many times, I would love to keep him part of the organization when he hangs them up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Wasn’t exactly sure where to put this, so I figured the QB change thread was as good as anywhere. Maybe it’s worth its own thread, so if a mod thinks so, feel free to move it.

We’re all caught up in the drama and histrionics about the QB change, good or bad, but it does bear recognizing that Alex Smith has officially accomplished something that very few people ever believed he would. Or even could. 

That man is truly impressive. The dedication, tenacity, courage, and downright stubbornness required to come back from an injury like that — especially at his age — is really remarkable. I‘be said many times, I would love to keep him part of the organization when he hangs them up.

From an overcoming adversity, triumph of the human spirit perspective? Absolutely. It is a great story.

I just would rather he was taking snaps on any of the other 31 teams in the league than Washington. Because I know what they have in him as an actual quarterback, and I want none of that in DC anymore.

And that was before the injury.

Edited by Woz

10 minutes ago, Woz said:

From an overcoming adversity, triumph of the human spirit perspective? Absolutely. It is a great story.

I just would rather he was taking snaps on any of the other 31 teams in the league than Washington. Because I know what they have in him as an actual quarterback, and I want none of that in DC anymore.

And that was before the injury.

Agreed.

Just trying to separate my feelings about the Washington QB position from my admiration and respect for Alex himself for a moment. 

• Like 1

Just now, e16bball said:

Agreed.

Just trying to separate my feelings about the Washington QB position from my admiration and respect for Alex himself for a moment. 

Again, it is a true testament to Alex Smith's grit, heart, and tenacity. It is as great a story as you can think of in the age of COVID.

The thought of having him be the Washington Football Team starter again makes me ill, though.

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

He looks like a pro bowler compared to them and Rivera looks like a fool. Even if Allen had finished the game he wasn’t likely going for over 250 yards and maybe not over 200. He’s meh with not a lot of upside Kyle Allen = career back up.

50 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Clapping Applause GIF

4 hours ago, taylor made said:

Looks like Allen is the starter next week against the Giants. He looked fine out there, but he needs to protect himself with those running plays.

How about he throw the ball downfield. Kyle Allen’s longest completion was just 7 yards.

Edited by turtle28

29 minutes ago, Woz said:

Again, it is a true testament to Alex Smith's grit, heart, and tenacity. It is as great a story as you can think of in the age of COVID.

The thought of having him be the Washington Football Team starter again makes me ill, though.

Sounds like it’s back to Allen next week

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Sounds like it’s back to Allen next week

Yeah, now that Dak is out we’re winning the division of course 👀 and then we’ll be stuck in mediocrityville like we’ve been for 20 years bc we can’t draft a franchise Qb in the top 5 - of course we did but he got hurt.

Edited by turtle28