Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

Just now, offbyone said:

Agree.  But he didn't just need to sit, he needed a coach to try to develop him, not just physically but mentally.

Disagree.  Gruden likely would have kept his job if he developed a good relationship with Haskins.

i want you to keep in mind that this is now TWO coaching staffs that want nothing to do with Haskins and were out on him pretty quick. At what point do we stop blaming the coaches? Jay gruden worked with Dalton during his pro bowl years, and developed Kirk cousins. He also seems to be doing well with Minshew down in Jacksonville. Ron rivera has won coach of the year and has been to a SB and developed Cam Newton. THEY KNOW WHAT A NFL QB LOOKS LIKE.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

i want you to keep in mind that this is now TWO coaching staffs that want nothing to do with Haskins and were out on him pretty quick. At what point do we stop blaming the coaches? Jay gruden worked with Dalton during his pro bowl years, and developed Kirk cousins. He also seems to be doing well with Minshew down in Jacksonville. Ron rivera has won coach of the year and has been to a SB and developed Cam Newton. THEY KNOW WHAT A NFL QB LOOKS LIKE.

You have a valid point.

Gruden didn't want to work with him because he wasn't his guy.  Pettiness much like Rivera.  Same with Alex Smith who somehow looked like crap in Gruden's offense. 

But I would also say that Cousins and Dalton were both much further along maturity and very mature guys coming into the pros.  They were both 4 year starters.   What developmental prospect has Gruden developed?  Minshew also was already developed last year.

Newton might be a closer comparison but obviously he was a much higher regarded prospect and they invested a lot more in him.  I would say Rivera dug in and developed Cam Newton.  He isn't doing the same with Haskins.  Why is that?  Just because he isn't his pick?  Maybe.  But that is no excuse.

It seemed callahan/KOC in a very short time, brought Haskins along pretty far.  So basically Callahan/KOC > Rivera????

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That doesn’t matter. I saw nothing of Allen the last two years to convince me yet that he’s anything but a career back up. Haskins has flashed better potential like the dine to Terry the Ravens. Haskins just has to be more consistent especially w/ his footwork, if he gets that down he’ll be solid if not more. He already makes pretty solid decisions for a 22 year old QB who hadn’t started 16 games yet, save the 2 Browns ints late over the middle when he had receivers open in the flats.

Haskins hasn't flashed any potential, that's why he is benched after 11 games starting. You can keep quoting the Raven's game until you are blue in the face, but anyone who watched the game knows it was garbage time stats and the game was over at halftime. You are gonna defend Haskins no matter what and aren't objective so it is what it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

Haskins hasn't flashed any potential, that's why he is benched after 11 games starting. You can keep quoting the Raven's game until you are blue in the face, but anyone who watched the game knows it was garbage time stats and the game was over at halftime. You are gonna defend Haskins no matter what and aren't objective so it is what it is.

I'd have to lookem up- But his last 4 games last year -- he showed some promise.

2 minutes ago, taylor made said:

FACTS

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I'd have to lookem up- But his last 4 games last year -- he showed some promise.

He looked pretty much the same this year as in the Carolina and Green Bay games last year. Part of Haskins' problem is he can not sustain drives. I'm not 100% but I think Allen had a longer scoring drive than Haskins has all year where we scored the TD

7 minutes ago, taylor made said:

He looked pretty much the same this year as in the Carolina and Green Bay games last year. Part of Haskins' problem is he can not sustain drives. I'm not 100% but I think Allen had a longer scoring drive than Haskins has all year where we scored the TD

Allen didn’t play well. We were three and out multiple times with him in and it was the same crap. You dogged Haskins for his play and you’re making excuses for Allen who’s been in this system longer and has more career starts than Haskins. You don’t like him, that’s fine but the Allen stuff is just silly. He sucked so bad in this system that they benched him after Rivera got fired. He’s not good. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Allen didn’t play well. We were three and out multiple times with him in and it was the same crap. You dogged Haskins for his play and you’re making excuses for Allen who’s been in this system longer and has more career starts than Haskins. You don’t like him, that’s fine but the Allen stuff is just silly. He sucked so bad in this system that they benched him after Rivera got fired. He’s not good. 

I'll take Rivera's opinion over yours. Thanks for that quality analysis as usual though.

4 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I'll take Rivera's opinion over yours. Thanks for that quality analysis as usual though.

You’re the one over here celebrating Kyle Allen’s outing because he ran for a TD. Haskins didn’t play well by any means but you acting like Allen did anything any better is pretty hilarious. So go for it. Take the opinion of the coach who’s playing the undrafted free agent QB with 20+ turnovers in 12 starts that managed to get him fired. Works for me. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

At what point do we expect a coach to coach a player up? Maybe they feel they’ve done all they can with him and he’s just not living up to their expectations of a pro QB and thus defacto leader of the team.

For years we’ve seen coaches just not like a player’s personality and not play them - Brandon Lloyd w/ Gibbs, Shanahan w/ McNabb, Gruden w/ RG3 & now Haskins. Rivera got upset that Haskins was happy after a win. I get it, but don’t say you’re done here, reprimand him and tell him he needs to change or he’ll not see the field the rest of the season. Give him a last strike order.

11 minutes ago, taylor made said:

It’s more that Rivera is letting Scotty Turner make the decision IMO. This has Grossman over McNabb and McCoy over Cousins, RG3 & Haskins written all over it. The OC wants his drinking buddy playing who’s been in his offense for years.

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

I'm not celebrating anything about this team or Kyle Allen. Keep believing what you want to believe though.

fuck yeah party hard GIFI don’t know if celebrating is the right word, but the Haskins shouldn’t be the starter and definitely isn’t the answer seems to be boasting a bit and looking for reasons to like Kyle Allen when there are few reasons to believe he’s anything more than a back up material who won’t even have Haskins success over the course of his career.