Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

At what point do we expect a coach to coach a player up? Maybe they feel they’ve done all they can with him and he’s just not living up to their expectations of a pro QB and thus defacto leader of the team.

For years we’ve seen coaches just not like a player’s personality and not play them - Brandon Lloyd w/ Gibbs, Shanahan w/ McNabb, Gruden w/ RG3 & now Haskins. Rivera got upset that Haskins was happy after a win. I get it, but don’t say you’re done here, reprimand him and tell him he needs to change or he’ll not see the field the rest of the season. Give him a last strike order.

and what did those players do after they left here?.......i'll wait......

3 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

and what did those players do after they left here?.......i'll wait......

The ones the coaches chose? Nothing. 

Brandon Lloyd had two great seasons after he left including an almost 1500 yard season.

McNabb was washed up but he was still a better player than Grossman. McNabb was better than Grossman in 2010 than Grossman in 2011. Remember the 30 turnovers?

RG3 TBD, I think he’s going to leave Baltimore when his deal is up. He said he wants a chance to start again.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Brandon Lloyd had two great seasons after he left including an almost 1500 yard season.

McNabb was washed up but he was still a better player than Grossman. McNabb was better than Grossman in 2010 than Grossman in 2011. Remember the 30 turnovers?

RG3 TBD, I think he’s going to leave Baltimore when his deal is up. He said he wants a chance to start again.

Lloyd had Jason Campbell throwing to him, another scrub. I bet you still think RG3 is good :)

Just now, mar29020 said:

Lloyd had Jason Campbell throwing to him, another scrub. I bet you still think RG3 is good :)

No, Gibbs wouldn’t even play Lloyd and when he did in a few games, I remember him scoring a TD and making some plays.

Moss had Jason Campbell throwing too him too and had good years when Moss stayed healthy, Moss had a great year with McNabb. Campbell was the QB for Josh Gordon in his best season in Cleveland.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

No, Gibbs wouldn’t even play Lloyd and when he did in a few games, I remember him scoring a TD and making some plays.

Moss had Jason Campbell throwing too him too and had good years when Moss stayed healthy, Moss had a great year with McNabb. Campbell was the QB for Josh Gordon in his best season in Cleveland.

jason campbell was still horrible and so was lloyd when he was here for us.

3 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

jason campbell was still horrible and so was lloyd when he was here for us.

Lloyd wasn’t played. He could actually play but Gibbs didn’t like his practice habits.

Campbell was average. Straight middle of the road at everything. Even his personality is “stay medium.” 😂 

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That 1500 yard season also had Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow throwing him the ball.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slateman said:

Yea, I was. It was Snyder. Who supposedly gave Rivera total control.

So .... why can't Haskins sit for a year?

Haskins totally could sit for a year. It’s probably good for him but, I still believe in learning in game action, the coaches just have to have patience with development and mistakes - I thought Rivera would but he just said last week he’s given up on that and wants to win the division. Well, that didn’t take effin long! Ugh 🤦‍♂️ 

Also, we’re going to have a top 5 pick so it will make sense to draft a QB then. Then it’s, do you keep Haskins as #3/inactive unless injury or do you trade him next offseason?

I guess that depends on the offers you get for Haskins from February - April but it seems to me Haskins is being RG3’d but, our back up isn’t Kirk Cousins or at least he hasn’t proven to be that yet, maybe Ron/Scott think Kyle can become a good back and serviceable starter or better and Haskins can’t, it seems that way even if Rivera won’t admit it.

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That 1500 yard season also had Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow throwing him the ball.  

@mar29020 and 11 TDs. Just a few years after we cut him, took a cap hit for doing so and spent two draft picks to acquire him for the 49ers all while getting nothing in return bc Gibbs wouldn’t play him.

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, Slateman said:

To what? You get four games to learn a new system from a first year offensive coordinator?

The Office Reaction GIFThank you!! 

I bet the QB Rivera drafts next April gets years to develop, just like the udfa he picked up a few years ago has gotten from him.

7 hours ago, mar29020 said:

theres probably more we dont know. I'd wager dwayne has been super lazy in game prep.

I think it’s more than that, bad practice habits can be improved. I don’t think Rivera likes Haskins personality and his immaturity. I think Rivera is concerned Haskins can’t lead a team to playoff wins in the future bc of that. He is also concerned that Haskins isn’t improving his footwork, base and accuracy. I think Rivera is willing to give Haskins starts in Dec if we’re out of it but Haskins would have to really improve for Rivera to not draft Fields  or Lance next April and trade Haskins.