Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

this makes TWO coaching staffs that wanted nothing to do with haskins. Its clear he doesnt have the game down mentality combined with horrible fundamentals, staring down receivers, and horrible accuracy. This guy aint it. i'm happy we are cutting bait early. He has to many huge flaws that prevent him from being a good qb. he literally just checked the ball down last week. Also i think this has to do more with his preparation to which the coaches see, and we do not. Hate Jay gruden all you want, but he was right about RG3 and seems right about haskins. He also seems to be mentoring minshew well in jacksonville. Also, Rivera wants to win football games. I guarantee you he did not take this decision lightly. This is also a tough love move teaching haskins he needs to get his nose in the playbook. To many rookies are good out the gate for us to sit around watching Jamarcus haskins stink it up!

Im happy :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is beyond moronic.

This isn't the RG3 vs. Tampa game where the QB was so bad you couldn't evaluate anyone else on offense. He did some poor things in the game, sure. But he wasn't completely bad either. The kid WAS growing into the offense.

And now, to switch to Kyle tells me that Ron and Scott never wanted to work with Dwayne at all. We should just trade him to a team before the deadline and then tank for Trevor if this is how we're going to approach things this year.

This isn't just stupid.

It's STOOOOOPID

Yep.

4 games into a new system after played in a total mess of a year where he was a project who the staff didn't even support at times?  There is no world where this is the right way to grow a developmental qb prospect.  You set him up for failure from the beginning, don't even let him play to the whistle and then bench him after you give him a check down game plan that he essentially executed. 

If we purely look at this from a football point of view, we could say Bill Callahan and Kevin OConnoll got more out of Haskins than Rivera and Turner were able to.  

Look I might understand this if Rivera had tried to even make a minimal effort to win this year and was pushing to win.  But he didn't.  He didn't bother improving the team in the offseason.  He doesn't play 60 minutes.  There is no urgency from him.  So why the urgency to not develop the one qb on our roster who actually has a chance to be our future?  

I'm really disappointed with Rivera right now.  And it is interesting to see the contrast in approach when I compare Rivera's to carolina and notice how well his prior team is looking in the first year with a new coach.

I think we all have our questions about Haskins, but I sure want to find out the answer to the question of whether Haskins can become the guy?  I don't know how anyone, especially a redskin fan who has watched this franchise do things the wrong way, can imagine this is the right way to find out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I feel bad for Dwayne Haskins. From the moment he was drafted to this dump of a franchise he never had a chance. A coach that didn’t want him and was too busy trying to get hammered at Saratoga to coach him up, then 3 games in a new, crappy system with no weapons. Not sure if he was ever going to be a good NFL QB, but he sure as hell never had a chance here.

So what are you going to say, when Allen tosses 3 TD's in a victory over the Rams?

What will be the excuse for Haskins then?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If Haskins isn't their guy isn't it better to put Allen in to see if he could be good?  Or more probable, wouldn't it be better to have someone who knows the offense better so we can evaluate the rest of the offense properly?  

I don’t really understand this.

They’ve already had the chance to “see if Allen could be good.” He was their starter last year. He got 13 starts in this system, in his 2nd year like Haskins currently, with better talent than we have here. He got worse and worse as time went on, and eventually they benched him for Will F. Grier. He has already gotten far more of a chance from these guys than Haskins did, despite being by every single account the less talented player of the two. 

And who are they even evaluating on offense? McLaurin is 5th in the league in receiving with Haskins, I think the eval is done there. Gibson just had 130 total yards on Sunday, is Haskins really holding him back? Allen took 46 sacks in 13 games last year, so I don’t think he’s a real learned hand at managing his pass protection. Which just leaves guys like Sims x2, Wright, JD McKissic, and Logan Thomas, none of whom anyone really cares about. Though it would be very much in keeping with Rivera’s approach thus far to bench the 1st round pick QB in order to give yourself a marginally better opportunity to evaluate a bunch of UDFA receivers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

So what are you going to say, when Allen tosses 3 TD's in a victory over the Rams?

What will be the excuse for Haskins then?

I’ll be too busy celebrating my lottery win and the fact my wife signed off on a romantic weekend with Ariana Grande to care. 

• Like 1

I just want to be on record to say I support this decision.

He gave him 4 games to show he has promise & the only game he rose to the occasion was the opener vs Philly.

At least in a leadership role. It didn't hurt that the defense got 8 sacks that game, either.

Not only is this the right move, but I guarantee we start winning now.

3 wins in a row coming...

You heard it from me, first! 😎

stop babying haskins guys. Not everyone is out to get poor dwayne. Fact of the matter is he absolutely sucks and two coaching staffs want nothing to do with him. He is beyond awful in the accuracy department. We get blown out the first half with him every game at Qb

8 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

stop babying haskins guys. Not everyone is out to get poor dwayne. Fact of the matter is he absolutely sucks and two coaching staffs want nothing to do with him. He is beyond awful in the accuracy department. We get blown out the first half with him every game at Qb

He just threw for the most yards and highest percentage of his career. Those screen plays were called by the offensive coordinator. He just had a 90.4 rtg vs arguably the best D in the NFL.

It has to be a record for a QB to be benched after throwing for 71%, 314 yards, rushing for a TD, leading the team on what should’ve been another FG drive and leading the team on another scoring drive. We put up 20 pts if Rivera kicks the FG vs Ravens instead of going for it on 4th and goal from the 13.

Haskins wasn’t great, but he wasn’t awful either. He’s somewhere in between at the moment and he’s still developing.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He just threw for the most yards and highest percentage of his career. Those screen plays were called by the offensive coordinator. He just had a 90.4 rtg vs arguably the best D in the NFL.

It has to be a record for a QB to be benched after throwing for 71%, 314 yards, rushing for a TD, leading the team on what should’ve been another FG drive and leading the team on another scoring drive. We put up 20 pts if Rivera kicks the FG vs Ravens instead of going for it on 4th and goal from the 13.

Haskins wasn’t great, but he wasn’t awful either. He’s somewhere in between at the moment and he’s still developing.

lmao ok turtle, keep sourcing stats. Not the fact all he did was throw 3 yard passes. He sucks, rivera thought he sucks, and so did gruden. Sorry pal

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@e16bball I'm curious why you so strongly defend Haskins and say he hasn't been given a fair shot, but you've been highly critical of Rivera who has only been here for 4 games?  

One of them is a 23-year-old QB who came into the year with 7 NFL starts, 1 season as a college starter, and a train wreck rookie season. 

One of them is a 58-year-old HC who has been coaching in the NFL for almost 25 years and has been in his current position (head coach) for a decade. 

I don’t think it’s strange that I would treat one of them as a work in progress and one of them as a finished product. I think it’s strange that anyone would treat either of them any other way.

• Like 3