Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

This has the be personal. 

I don’t think they like Haskins’s attitude and I wanted Haskins to work out too, but he seems to have a problem taking constructive criticism and improving like RG3 did. Look, we all know Gruden never liked Haskins and I think his personality, the way he was too cavalier about things and he doesn’t seem intense about leading the team is an issue for him with coaches. Haskins is a good guy, I’m not sure he’s a great leader - similar to Jason Campbell in that way.

5 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I was thinking disciplinary until I ran into this.

That does happen, that happened when Gruden was made to start RG3 in 2014 over Kirk & Colt. DJax & Garçon didn’t want RG3 to be the QB that season, they wanted one of the other two and I really think they wanted Kirk bc he was throwing for 285 ypg in 2014 when Gruden benched him, on pace for 4500 yards and 25 TDs in 15 games.

20 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

O/C Scott Turner said they were seeing "repeat mistakes" from Haskins . 

Also said it helps to take a step back sometimes . I don't think this is necessarily the end of "the league done messed up . "

"Repeat mistakes" don't get you put to 4th string. You keep working on the QB to fix those mistakes. And if it continue in a game, you pull him for the backup. But you don't demote him to 4th string.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Personal for Rivera seems unlikely.  Disciplinary is more likely.

Right. It's what I'm getting at. Going down to 4th string because of play is more unlikely. It HAS to be something he said, or something about Dwayne himself in their meetings.

27 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

And yet Apke still starts. Other players still start. If we're going to go by frustration level or players (and as a coach I understand that there's 53 active players all wanting to win), then let's put starting jobs up to a team vote from now on.

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think they like Haskins’s attitude and I wanted Haskins to work out too, but he seems to have a problem taking constructive criticism and improving like RG3 did. Look, we all know Gruden never liked Haskins and I think his personality, the way he was too cavalier about things and he doesn’t seem intense about leading the team is an issue for him with coaches. Haskins is a good guy, I’m not sure he’s a great leader - similar to Jason Campbell in that way.

Yup. This is what I'm getting at with my "personal" comment.

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@RSkinGM 

A big Russell Wilson. I like him .! Seems to do it all-touch, pocket, throw on the run, quick decisions, runs when he has to or by design  . We better have the number 2 -- again !

Edited by RSkinGM

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. This is what I'm getting at with my "personal" comment.

I also think the fact that his footwork is still an issue - which leads to inaccurate throws - after 11 starts is an issue. He’s been coached up on that and it’s not improving, that’s a major major issue.

• Like 1

Just now, RSkinGM said:

A big Russell Wilson. I like him .! Seems to do it all-touch, pocket, throw on the run, quick decisions, throws on the run . We better have the number 2 -- again !

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not putting him Russ’s category just saying the way they play seems similar to me and from what I’ve heard he’s a great guy and leader. We’ll to see him play again October 31st vs Penn State and in that game we can also scout Penn State’s stud LB Micah Parsons and their stud TE Pat Freiermuth and there’s an outside chance he’s there for us in round 2.

43 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I don't get this,you telling me the team that voted him team Captain,the team that praised him for a halftime speech week 1 dislikes him so much week 5 Coach has to bench him?You could tell me people are upset at the offense but that isn't 100% Haskins fault

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I don't get this,you telling me the team that voted him team Captain,the team that praised him for a halftime speech week 1 dislikes him so much week 5 Coach has to bench him?You could tell me people are upset at the offense but that isn't 100% Haskins fault

It’s not 100% his fault but if guys think they’re open - and on film some are - and Haskins is missing them like literally missing them where there’s no one around them. He was locking onto guys and not going through progressions and time’s and telegraphing passes.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Thomas Davis had some sway in this which my reaction to that is who gives an eff what a 38-year old LB who’s not part of this team long term thinks?

If Rivera is trying to win bc Thomas Davis wants to make the playoffs that’s a big WTF for the WFT!

28 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

A big Russell Wilson. I like him .! Seems to do it all-touch, pocket, throw on the run, quick decisions, runs when he has to or by design  . We better have the number 2 -- again !

I like what I see. The problem is that I cannot remember an OSU QB that has done much of anything in this league. So I'm pretty gun-shy about him.