Week 5 Games

Leader

Tampa over Chicago (H)   -   The Bucs are just better and hanging an "L" on CHI is a net positive for us. Oh well. No L for CHI.
Carolina over Atlanta (H)   -  I'm gonna stop underestimating CAR...for awhile at least...and ATL stinks. 
Buffalo over Tennessee (H)  -  An interesting game. A step in BUF's maturity if they win.
Kansas City (H) over Las Vegas   -  KCs got this.  Maybe they dont.......
Arizona over New York Jets (H)   -  AZ wont lay an egg two weeks in a row.
Pittsburgh (H) over Philadelphia  -  The Battle of Pennsylvania.
Los Angeles Rams over Washington (H)   -  The Rams continue their slumming tour of the NFCE.
Baltimore (H) over Cincinnati   -  CIN's a nice story...but nice stories wont win this game.
Jacksonville over Houston (H) -  Switched. Shouldnt have switched...
San Francisco (H) over Miami   -  Not happening MIA.
Indianapolis over Cleveland (H)  -   Switched. Shouldnt have switched this one either!
Dallas (H) over New York Giants  -   Dallas isnt gonna screw this one up. Not sure if the Giants or Refs lost this game - DAL definitely didnt win in.
New England (H) over Denver   -   Moved to Week 6.
Minnesota over Seattle (H)  -  Not sure why, but for no good reason gonna switch this one to MN. I think they win a shootout.
New Orleans (H) over Los Angeles Chargers  -  The Saints ain't what they used to be so far....but they'll probably win here.
Bye Weeks: Detroit & Green Bay

Week 5 record:  7-7
Season record:   48-27

Edited by Leader

I prefer Vikings and Bears to win. It hurts our rivals chances to get the PO bye. It also keeps them in the mediocre level that won't let them get a top tier pick and it will make it less probable for them to fire Zimmer/Nagy/Pace. Perhaps this week a Vikings win is much more important, but I wouldn't mind a Bear win either.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Tennessee should be forced to forfeit the rest of their season, IMO.  You can't have teams just violating the protocol for preventing the spread of infectious diseases if a team can just ignore them.  Let them finish 3-13 so the other 31 teams can have a chance at a full season.

After they play a make-up game against the Bears this week.  Also the Bears should forfeit the rest of the season for playing that game against the Titans.  Screw the Bears!

7 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Tennessee should be forced to forfeit the rest of their season, IMO.  You can't have teams just violating the protocol for preventing the spread of infectious diseases if a team can just ignore them.  Let them finish 3-13 so the other 31 teams can have a chance at a full season.

Yeah that’s not gonna happen. 

On 10/7/2020 at 9:31 AM, Leader said:

Tampa over Chicago (H)   -   The Bucs are just better and adding an "L" on CHI is a net positive IMO.
Carolina over Atlanta (H)   -  I'm gonna stop underestimating CAR...for awhile at least...and ATL stinks. 
Buffalo over Tennessee (H)  -  An interesting game. A step in BUF's maturity if they win.
Kansas City (H) over Las Vegas   -  KCs got this.
Arizona over New York Jets (H)   -  AZ wont lay an egg two weeks in a row.
Pittsburgh (H) over Philadelphia  -  The Battle of Pennsylvania.
Los Angeles Rams over Washington (H)   -  The Rams continue their slumming tour of the NFCE.
Baltimore (H) over Cincinnati   -  CIN's a nice story...but nice stories wont win this game.
Houston (H) over Jacksonville  -  If HOU was ever gonna get off the schnied, this is the game. Not holding my breath.
San Francisco (H) over Miami   -  Not happening MIA.
Cleveland (H) over Indianapolis   -   Another interesting game.....
Dallas (H) over New York Giants  -   Dallas isnt gonna screw this one up.
New England (H) over Denver   -   If they play, NE's the better team.
Seattle (H) over Minnesota   -  Wouldnt mind if MN won here....just not sure they've got it in them.
New Orleans (H) over Los Angeles Chargers  -  The Saints ain't what they used to be so far....but they'll probably win here.
Bye Weeks: Detroit & Green Bay

This is the only game in which I have to disagree. Jacksonville's DEFENSE will win this game as Houston's offense will need a couple weeks to adjust to a new approach with a defensive minded coach taking over as HC. I can't help but see Jacksonville keying in on the run game given David Johnson's return to glory as a RB and both Brandin Cooks and Randall Cobb have been flashes in the pan, but nothing more. Houston really doesn't have much of an identity on offense IMHO, which has been part of their downfall. Houston will obviously win a few games, but not this week. 

I too would love to see the Bears and Vikings win but not so much because I don't want their coaches/FO to lose their jobs(Zimmer's getting fired though one way or another), but simply because of the playoff implications. 

1 hour ago, AustrianPacker said:

Very weird to prefer a win for the bears but the Bucs will be more dangerous for the top seed..

I'm struggling with who to root for. Personally the Bears are a little to close for comfort record wise so I would rather root for Tampa. I just hope its an ugly ugly game either way. 

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I'm struggling with who to root for. Personally the Bears are a little to close for comfort record wise so I would rather root for Tampa. I just hope its an ugly ugly game either way. 

This is where I'm at. In the long run, I want to believe the Bears will never be a real threat to us, but 4-1 is 4-1. We have long-term goals but the division always comes first and I want the Bears gone. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is where I'm at. In the long run, I want to believe the Bears will never be a real threat to us, but 4-1 is 4-1. We have long-term goals but the division always comes first and I want the Bears gone. 

This is my thinking as well. We still have two games against CHI and though it may seem unlikely we'll lose to them now - stranger things have happpened - so some breathing room could come in handy. We'll get our shot at Tom soon enough.....unless of course CHI was to twist his foot off or something....... :)

13 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

let them draft after everyone else, too.

I still think the NFL should give the Titans a loss, remove one game from their schedule, give the Bills and Steelers a tie.

Make the playoffs based on winning percentage.

Bills and Steelers will complain, but they will know deep down that getting a tie without having to subject a single player, offense or defense, to the wear and tear of a game and essentially get another bye is worth taking a tie in a game they well could have lost.

If this was the winless Falcons or something, you give the teams a win.