Week 5 Games

Leader

22 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

The Roughing call on the Bears last drive that extended the drive was a huge call.   I thought it was a clean play, and instead of 4 and long deep in their own territory where they would have to punt, it gave them a free 1st down.

Game changing call.

Yup, changed the entire outcome. Bears still punted 4 plays later but did so from about the 30 and O'Donnell pinned TB on their own 10. 3 plays later TB punted from the 10 and the Bears got the ball at basically the 45 yard line. The change in field position basically won the game for Chicago. 

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yup, changed the entire outcome. Bears still punted 4 plays later but did so from about the 30 and O'Donnell pinned TB on their own 10. 3 plays later TB punted from the 10 and the Bears got the ball at basically the 45 yard line. The change in field position basically won the game for Chicago. 

No team with Tom Brady if allowed to talk about RTP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hitnhope said:

The Roughing call on the Bears last drive that extended the drive was a huge call.   I thought it was a clean play, and instead of 4 and long deep in their own territory where they would have to punt, it gave them a free 1st down. Game changing call.

Agree. Looked like a clean hit to me. Wasnt late IMO or "bad" in terms of violence.

5 hours ago, craig said:

Tampa is a good team, and has a good defense.  So, Packers will be challenged. 

Will be interesting to see how the Packers injury status will be after bye.  Hopeful Clark, Adams, and Sullivan will be good.  I think Barnes hurt his shoulder, no idea how badly or if he'll be back.  King is obviously a huge variable, wouldn't surprise at all if he might not be out.  But if he and Barnes are both back and fine, that would help.   I'll be surprised if Gary is back that quickly, but I'm sure he'll want to be.  If he's actually OK right after the bye, that would be really nice, too.  

Either way, the Packers will be favored to win. *IF* they win, that would erase any possible top-seed threat from either the east or the south.  Beating Tampa would give the Packers 2 and 3 game leads on both Saints and Tampa, plus tiebreakers on both of them.  

Seattle, Rams, and 49ers might all be possibilities, particularly if 49ers beat us and get the tiebreaker edge.  But those teams will all be playing each other, and I'm not much of a Rams believer.  I don't feel like the Packers are all that great, with our defensive issues.  But looking around the league, it's not clear that Seattle's defense is any better, or that there are really any other teams that are necessarily any better than Packers.  

AFC looks considerably stronger.  

Next to the Chiefs, there is no team better than the Packers so far. And defense league wide hasn't been that great. Packers holding a Falcons offense that had put up points to just 16 and Ridley to zero catches all game is a statement. 

6 hours ago, St Vince said:

Looks like the Bears D are getting their swagger and confidence back after a shaky start. If they're back to holding teams under 20 with a competent QB like Foles they will be a problem and there at the end. They won that game by making TB kick FG's instead of TD's.

Lol. We're doing this already, eh? Bears and their +5 point differential are making last year's Packers look like the damn Chiefs in comparison.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

This was a poorly officiated game. Very poor. Most of this dpi calls were terrible. It’s already been a joke now they call every touch by the defender. How can you play defence in today’s NFL. 

Officiating this season has been poor in most of the games I've seen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

It's been fairly laissez faire in the games I've watched. Seems like a positive, no?

I'd agree that they are letting them play.  The Packers-Saints game was pretty bad, but I honestly felt that it was bad all the way around.  I haven't noticed any one-sided officiating this season, except maybe the Chiefs getting the benefit of the doubt against the Patriots on the Mahomes fumble.  

I can live with even handed badness. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'd agree that they are letting them play.  The Packers-Saints game was pretty bad, but I honestly felt that it was bad all the way around.  I haven't noticed any one-sided officiating this season, except maybe the Chiefs getting the benefit of the doubt against the Patriots on the Mahomes fumble.  I can live with even handed badness. 

I read somewhere recently that the league has purposefully mandated a loosening of the holding calls in an effort to cut down the flags.

12 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

It's been fairly laissez faire in the games I've watched. Seems like a positive, no?

Yes, but some of these penalties being called aren't penalties.  Of course the refs don't have the luxury of replay on these that cannot be challenged.

Edited by Pugger