Week 5 Games

Leader

39 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Even if the data says 75% on 4th and 1, you make the FG, you then have at best a 33% chance of allowing the TD in the time allowed. You have a 50%ish chance of allowing the 2 point conversion. You have a 50%ish chance of losing in overtime. 

Not sure the math sports that call.

The numbers don't account for Russ' Magic Water.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Call wasn't the problem. Mattison picked a bad time for maybe the worst run of his career. Cook gets this walking backwards 10 out of 10 times.

Seems like if youre paying a QB franchise money, you’d trust your franchise QB to get you in the right spot/play/ pick it up.

On money downs you need to go to the players making the most money.

Trusting Mattison over Kirk doesn’t make sense given how they have invested in him and passing game.

Edited by Green19

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Seems like if youre paying a QB franchise money, you’d trust your franchise QB to get you in the right spot/play/ pick it up.

Trusting Mattison over Kirk doesn’t make sense given how they have invested in him and passing game.

Fwiw, he had been running the ball pretty damn well that game and it was just a yard they needed. He definitely made the wrong read I felt but I don't think it was crazy to put him in that spot either. 

Edited by Norm

Just now, Norm said:

Fwiw, had been running the ball pretty damn well that game and it was just a yard they needed. He definitely made the wrong read I felt but I don't think it was crazy to put him in that spot either. 

Sure... the argument could be made and honestly with Zimmer and his philosophy for the team it’s not shocking they go run in that spot.

Just saying this is the bigger issue with the Vikings. You’re paying a guy as if he is your franchise... but you operate as though he isn’t.

I mean same game just flip the teams... in that spot Seahawks going Carson or Wilson? Remembering pretty much on the goal line, in a Super Bowl, with Marshawn Lynch... they went Wilson. I feel when you have “the guy” , you always ride or die with the guy in these types of situations.

45 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Sure... the argument could be made and honestly with Zimmer and his philosophy for the team it’s not shocking they go run in that spot.

Just saying this is the bigger issue with the Vikings. You’re paying a guy as if he is your franchise... but you operate as though he isn’t.

I mean same game just flip the teams... in that spot Seahawks going Carson or Wilson? Remembering pretty much on the goal line, in a Super Bowl, with Marshawn Lynch... they went Wilson. I feel when you have “the guy” , you always ride or die with the guy in these types of situations.

I gotcha. I suppose they know that but what the hell can ya do now. You're stuck with him for now and you can't just make him the guy if he really isn't cut out for it. 

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

If the packers threw the ball on 4th and inches with the game on the line in the pouring rain, I'd be pissed.

Sneak was the obvious call; run to the FB the next obvious, and run to the deep back was also a fine call.  Passing the ball seems idiotic given the weather.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

They showed the math...a few times now. Why is anyone even arguing this lol

espn twitter analytics people  showed kick was 98% win probability, go for it 97.8%.  Basically a toss up.  Horrible way to lose a game, only the seahawks pull these out of their *** so consistently.

2 hours ago, Green19 said:

Should have went empty QB draw. It was so terrible the first time around, Seattle never would have expected it. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Meh, Mattison was tearing Seattle a new one the whole second half. He's a starting caliber back. Just a poor run on the most important play of the game. 

Yeah this, he was looking really good. I joked during the game in here that cook was overrated because of it. Idk who was watching and who wasn't but I bet you were more confident in that call if you were watching the entire thing after cook left than if you weren't. 

5.6ypc for him for the game actually even the Boone kid had two 10ish yard carries in the only two he had.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Should have went empty QB draw. It was so terrible the first time around, Seattle never would have expected it. 

I'm alone here but I thought that would work. Motioned the guy over and there's was 4 on that side iirc, I sure as **** wouldn't have been thinking cousins draw, think it was kj that jumped in and made a good play from that other side. Probably being too cute but I didn't hate it like everyone else 

Edited by Norm

51 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

If the packers threw the ball on 4th and inches with the game on the line in the pouring rain, I'd be pissed.

Sneak was the obvious call; run to the FB the next obvious, and run to the deep back was also a fine call.  Passing the ball seems idiotic given the weather.

I totally forgot it was raining. I still think his greater point was lol@ cousins and his contract, which I think we can all appreciate lol

• Like 1