Week 5 Games

Leader

37 minutes ago, Norm said:

I totally forgot it was raining. I still think his greater point was lol@ cousins and his contract, which I think we can all appreciate lol

Partly haha, but I’m just saying it seems like teams that find greater team success are the ones that understand what they are and embrace it.

Like in basketball, who is taking the last shot in a got to have it moment.

The issue with Vikings overall was summed up in that situation. You paid him to be the guy... yet in the moment you give it to your backup RB, I get he was running all over. But the team was built by the front office for Cousins, they want him to be successful... they seem to have a HC that hates that the QB position even exists in the game of football(which I get with Cousins being your QB).

I disagree with skibrett15... I’d be pissed if Rodgers isn’t put in charge of getting the 1st down for the packers. The packers best shot is Rodgers,  love how Jones runs etc. But if LaFleur is in a have to have it moment and doesn’t give it to Rodgers, that’s mind blogging. 4th and goal at the goal line in the first quarter... sure run it. You have plenty of time left.

Based on contract and how the front office looked at Cousins... he should be their best shot and they need to coach around it.

Edited by Green19

20 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I disagree with skibrett15... I’d be pissed if Rodgers isn’t put in charge of getting the 1st down for the packers. The packers best shot is Rodgers,  love how Jones runs etc. But if LaFleur is in a have to have it moment and doesn’t give it to Rodgers, that’s mind blogging. 4th and goal at the goal line in the first quarter... sure run it. You have plenty of time left.

this is just insane thinking.  You're making decisions based on how you want the results to turn out.

Rodgers is regarded the way your regard him *because* the team won games with him.  His reputation is a product of his success.  It's not the other way round.  If the RB converts the 4th and inches, the QB will still get all the credit for the win, and you'll praise him for the 3 1st downs he got earlier in the drive to seal the game. 

43 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

this is just insane thinking.  You're making decisions based on how you want the results to turn out.

Rodgers is regarded the way your regard him *because* the team won games with him.  His reputation is a product of his success.  It's not the other way round.  If the RB converts the 4th and inches, the QB will still get all the credit for the win, and you'll praise him for the 3 1st downs he got earlier in the drive to seal the game. 

Come on @skibrett15 GB is paying Rodgers big bucks, he should  be able to kick FG's.  Thought you might want an opportunity to get rid of an average NFL kicker and let GB highest paid player earn it in clutch situations

• Like 2

4 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

My decision is based on putting the ball in the hands of the best player on the team. For the Vikings... I get it that might be the running back. My earlier point for that is the front office isn’t on the same page then with the coaching staff because in clutch moments you’re paying Kirk to be clutch and get you that yard.

For the packers, if you are asking me who I trust more on 4th and 1 or 4th and inches... Rodgers passing or Jones running? I’m picking Rodgers. I don’t see how that’s insane. We have seen so far this year Jones, Williams and the oline fail on 4th and 1.

I trust Rodgers more.

Edited by Green19

10 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I trust Rodgers more.

https://stathead.com/tiny/dm0tM

He's 17/29 on 4th and 1 in his career (58.6%).  Not really a great percentage.  But Rodgers did help bring up the pitiful GB average over the same time (56.8)

Cousins is 14/22 (63%), and Minnesota was 68% over the same period.

What I said was insane was demanding the best player gets the ball in those situations all the time.  You need to mix it up and make a good playcall.

Also, I forget where I saw it, but I thought it was a fantastic idea.  Basically, week 17 would become week 18 and then week 17 would only be played if the games were necessary.

So on week 17 of the NFL season, all the games that got delayed due to covid (Steelers/Titans, Patriots/Broncos) would be played and the regularly scheduled week 17 games would move to week 18. 

If the regularly scheduled game had no playoff implications, it just wouldn't be played.  It's a fantastic idea because every year, the majority of week 17 games have zero implications whatsoever. 

• Like 1