Week 5: Miami Dolphins (1-3) @ San Francisco 49ers (2-2)

TheKillerNacho

An unexpected blowout today. After the stinker game vs Seattle, Fitz bounced back with utter perfection. Gotta keep it in perspective, after all their injuries, the Niners are fielding a defensive backfield with guys they found at the local YMCA last week. Their team is in shambles from injuries, it's awful to see. 

Glad to hear rookie RT Robert Hunt got thrown into the mix with his first NFL start. With a rookie RG and rookie RT, it's good that lefty Tua was learning/standing on the sidelines. 

Fins with 5 sacks today, that's not normal. Good job boys. 

• Like 1

This game felt good, but was really more of a reflection of how decimated the Niners are right now.  Nonetheless, the Phins are improving and starting to gain confidence.  Blowing out bad teams on the road is a stepping stone to beating good teams on the road.

I liked the big plays the passing game had, the pressure of our pass rush, and even though no one likes kickers, I like our kicking game right now.

I think we are on target for 6 or 7 wins this season, which is fair since we still haven't beaten a good team yet.

8 hours ago, Deadeye said:

This game felt good, but was really more of a reflection of how decimated the Niners are right now.  Nonetheless, the Phins are improving and starting to gain confidence.  Blowing out bad teams on the road is a stepping stone to beating good teams on the road.

Agree with that, much of pro sports is mental mindset earned through the school of hard knocks, ie experience. Niners were in the Super Bowl a mere 8 months ago so it's difficult to call them a 'bad team' but 'incredibly injured team' fits. 

Having a healthy Byron Jones and Xavien Howard on the field together for the first time was kinda awesome. 

I need to rewatch this one, as it wasn't until the 2nd half that I finally noticed that Hunt was starting at RT for the first time.  I didn't hear his name, which is usually a good thing for an Olineman.  The quality of competition was obviously poor though, given all the injuries.  

I also would like to think that the coaching staff has finally been able to manufacture a pass rush without elite pass rushers, like NE has been doing for years.  But again, the Niners are a shell of their healthy selves.