Week 5 - Rams @ Washington

RamRod

This was the game that I actually thought could put us on upset alert. Really hoping they woke up after last week.

As for Haskins, im not a big fan, I ultimately think he's gone after his rookie contract expires, but I do feel for the kid. I don't think he was ready to put tossed in just yet. Kyle Allen made some plays last year for Carolina. He's capable of winning games, otherwise I doubt he'd be there. LA cant take this game lightly. 

The biggest concern to me this game is Washingtons Dline. Hoping Chase Young is out just one more week, the dude is scary. 

• Like 1

I expect the Rams to win this game. If there was any "upset alert" possibility it just went out of the door based on how lethargic the offense looked last week. I think they will come out razor focus and sharp and look more like what we saw the first 3 weeks of the season. Plus McVay is (0-1) against his former team so I expect him to change that. I look for the Rams make quick and easy work against the NFC L-East by sweeping the last and final team from that division that the Rams will have to play. 

Im not worried about Kyle Allen being the starter either. I know he had some success in Carolina but he isnt a starting QB, he is a backup. Washington only have one weapon in McLaurin and Ramsey should erase him which will leave nobody as a threat. I think the Rams will flex their defensive muscles again. So Im going to say Rams win by the score of 27 to 13.  I could see 30pts but I want to show Washington defense some respect because they do have a pass rush even without Young. 

Haskins out, Allen in. I feel good about this game with Allen starting. see last year vs Panthers.

Riveraboat Ron gave us some bulletin board material yesterday with a few quotes about the Rams still putting the pieces together on defense and not expected to win, but compete this year.

35-17

I expect more quick passes this Sunday ( as we should, Washington’s D line is formidable ) 

What I’d like to see is more outside runs, we’ve been doing okay with runs up the middle, but we’ve got guys who can take it outside too. 

If the defense can continue to eliminate those 3rd and long giveaways then we’re in good shape, I don’t fear any of their QBs nor his weapons 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I expect more quick passes this Sunday ( as we should, Washington’s D line is formidable ) 

What I’d like to see is more outside runs, we’ve been doing okay with runs up the middle, but we’ve got guys who can take it outside too. 

If the defense can continue to eliminate those 3rd and long giveaways then we’re in good shape, I don’t fear any of their QBs nor his weapons 

was thinking this too, against Dallas we did a great job of getting the ball out quick. I expect the same this week, especially with chase young playing. 

30 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Oh yeah

That pic is so freaking sick. Hell yeah so pumped for the kid. Now for him to play no snaps because we expected him to play. How so ram of us to do that. 

Im still heated Natrez never got any real playing time. Dude had explosion. But nah! Stick with Samson whose a D tier guy with absolutely no upside. 

Edited by El Ramster

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

That pic is so freaking sick. Hell yeah so pumped for the kid. Now for him to play no snaps because we expected him to play. How so ram of us to do that. 

Im still heated Natrez never got any real playing time. Dude had explosion. But nah! Stick with Samson whose a D tier guy with absolutely no upside. 

I wanted Polite and Natrez to see more playing time over Samson Ebukant, but nooooooooo, coaches insisted that he start over those other guys.. can’t wait to see what Lewis can do, but like you said, he’ll probably see next to no snaps this weekend.

Looks like Akers, Fuller, Lewis are all good to go the week along with Kiser and Troy Hill being questionable. If Hill cant play Sunday im curious if we will see Long or Burgess play there. Would love to see what they can do. 

• Like 3

On 10/9/2020 at 6:59 PM, MDY10 said:

Looks like Akers, Fuller, Lewis are all good to go the week along with Kiser and Troy Hill being questionable. If Hill cant play Sunday im curious if we will see Long or Burgess play there. Would love to see what they can do. 

If Hill doesn’t play, I’d really like to see Long play. I’ve been surprised at how few snaps he’s gotten. Especially after being a third round pick in his second year. 

3 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

If Hill doesn’t play, I’d really like to see Long play. I’ve been surprised at how few snaps he’s gotten. Especially after being a third round pick in his second year. 

Looks like he's good to go, however Kiser is out