How Would You Punish the Titans?

AFlaccoSeagulls

Given what we know, that the Titans ignored league protocols and continued to hold practices with players having the virus, how would you personally punish the Titans if you an NFL GM?

Personally, I would forfeit their next 1st round pick and force them to hire Bill O'Brien as HC for one-year while Mike Vrabel is suspended without pay for one year.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

Massiveee fines, Titans, Vrabel, all players on field that are clearly identifiable. I’m talkin six figure fines across the board. I would also take a 4th Round Pick. I originally said 3rd but I think that’s unreasonable. 

As discussed in the News thread, many of us disagree with forfeiture. It ruins the NFL season, compromises the season, and simply beyond unfair to teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, and Chiefs. 

No forfeiture. Absolutely not. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

Honestly I could just see massive fines and no draft pick considering they are the first team to offend, but we’ll see. I definitely don’t see forfeitures or suspensions. I think the worst case scenario for the Titans would be a 4th Rounder and it’s more likely to be a 5th or 6th. 

On a serious note:

- Titans organization (Amy Adams Strunk) is fined 5% of the current value of the Tennessee Titans franchise (currently valued at $2.2B, so that would be a $100,000,000 fine).

- HC Mike Vrabel and staff is fined $5mm (divided however Vrabel sees fit)

- Each player at attendance is fined $500,000 (NFLPA will appeal)

- Each player in attendance is suspended two games.

- Titans are stripped of their 1/2/3 picks in the upcoming NFL draft.

You've got to respond HARD on this. Don't issue any wins/losses, but respond with little remorse.

• Like 4

Hit us hard with fines and probably draft pick removals.

Then the NFL needs to turn around and fine and punish itself for telling players it was going to have to play a game with 0 prep or practice and expect that to go over well. Hard to blame the players for doing what they did.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Honestly I could just see massive fines and no draft pick considering they are the first team to offend, but we’ll see. I definitely don’t see forfeitures or suspensions. I think the worst case scenario for the Titans would be a 4th Rounder and it’s more likely to be a 5th or 6th. 

I originally thought this, but honestly because it puts the league in jeopardy, punishment must be swift and heavy

Just now, ET80 said:

On a serious note:

- Titans organization (Amy Adams Strunk) is fined 5% of the current value of the Tennessee Titans franchise (currently valued at $2.2B, so that would be a $100,000,000 fine).

- HC Mike Vrabel and staff is fined $5mm (divided however Vrabel sees fit)

- Each player at attendance is fined $500,000 (NFLPA will appeal)

- Each player in attendance is suspended two games.

- Titans are stripped of their 1/2/3 picks in the upcoming NFL draft.

You've got to respond HARD on this. Don't issue any wins/losses, but respond with little remorse.

A 100 million dollar fine? 5 million for the staff? You can't be serious lmao

• Like 5