How Would You Punish the Titans?

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Sounds like they might ***** foot around and not do anything after huffing and puffing. 

I'm just waiting to come back to this thread when it comes out officially that lots of other teams have been violating protocols too.

On 10/11/2020 at 5:51 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

Ok, here's what I would do:

1.  2 game suspension for any player who was at the workouts.  That's a fine of 1/8 their annual income.  

2.  Any coach who knew, encouraged, or participated is suspended for the remainder of the year.  Players get a second chance, leadership does not.  

3.  Titans lose 1st round pick

4.  Titans are fined the equivalent of their share of 2 weeks of the shared revenue. 

5.  No forfeits, yet. if they have 11 guys healthy and covid-free they play the game.  If they are unable to field a team on Tues, they  forfeit Bills and Steelers games, and continue to lose the weekly share of TV revenue until they can.  But nobody else's schedule is.getting screwed bc of their incompetence.

You are drunk.🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Honestly feels like that might be what the NFL is doing, especially as more cases arises around the league.

That is exactly what the NFL is doing, actually. They even put out a release saying no players "willingly" violated protocols by having that practice outdoors on 9/29.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That is exactly what the NFL is doing, actually. They even put out a release saying no players "willingly" violated protocols by having that practice outdoors on 9/29.

Even after Goodell and the chief medical officer came out and basically said they didn’t see any egregious protocol violations, I fully expected a fine and like a fourth-round pick to just send a message and set a precedent in case another team has clear violations of the new protocols.

But yeah, at this point, moving on and learning some lessons seems to be the plan of attack. I would guess a token fine could come, but a slap on the wrist draws more attention than doing nothing, so they just may do nothing.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The players are adamant it was a miscommunication whether they could gather outdoors or not when they were all testing negative at the time. I’m not sure it was against the protocols at the time because that’s the criteria that we were allowed to play the Vikings game at the time. If it was truly malicious and trying to gain a competitive edge they would have continued working out until they got caught. 

3 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

The players are adamant it was a miscommunication whether they could gather outdoors or not when they were all testing negative at the time. I’m not sure it was against the protocols at the time because that’s the criteria that we were allowed to play the Vikings game at the time. If it was truly malicious and trying to gain a competitive edge they would have continued working out until they got caught. 

I mean, that's certainly plausible but the memo sent on 9/29 clearly stated they were halting in-person activities, and the players continued to gather in-person, so I mean I guess I just don't understand where the confusion is there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Honestly feels like that might be what the NFL is doing, especially as more cases arises around the league.

I think we are seeing now that the NFL needed to change their approach to Covid. When there is a positive test, things should be halted and or facility is closed until things are cleared, not put the team on a plane to travel across the country. 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean, that's certainly plausible but the memo sent on 9/29 clearly stated they were halting in-person activities, and the players continued to gather in-person, so I mean I guess I just don't understand where the confusion is there.

Do we know the time the memo was sent? Also possible that the Titans org didn’t pass on the information to the players quickly enough. If that were the case, I could see it warranting a punishment, but the death penalty posts in all these threads are funny. 

The NFL doesn't care about this virus or who violated what, they are just doing it so they don't look bad in the end and still make their millions. If the NFL was truly worried about the players, coaches, etc, and the virus, they would have just cancelled the season, but instead they are worried about all their billion dollar contracts with the TV stations and whoever else they have contracts with.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:48 AM, titans0021 said:

Even after Goodell and the chief medical officer came out and basically said they didn’t see any egregious protocol violations, I fully expected a fine and like a fourth-round pick to just send a message and set a precedent in case another team has clear violations of the new protocols.

But yeah, at this point, moving on and learning some lessons seems to be the plan of attack. I would guess a token fine could come, but a slap on the wrist draws more attention than doing nothing, so they just may do nothing.