How Would You Punish the Titans?

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

NFL has tiebreakers all the way down to a coin flip if need be, so there is no real such thing as a tie for a placement in the NFL's eyes. In 1999 the tiebreaker got all the way down to points, this is a really fun watch if you've never seen it before:

Side note - that music, and Boomer and the goofy nicknames take me back. I miss this ESPN.

I get there are tiebreaker scenarios, but it comes back to - did either team earn a spot?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Not a priority, but good to have it

Not really. Patriots just lost a game because a positive test. Now they're out their 2nd best player. 

Now the Titans can't even play. And if effects the teams they're playing as well. It's inevitable people will test positive, the NFL can't pretend like they're doing a good job of this and they haven't even tried to come up with a solid plan to isolate players

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oooof. Hmm. Hmmm...

Part of me WANTS to like it, but I'm back to that slippery slope of forfeiture. I mean, that "next team" really didn't earn that spot, y'know? And what to do if there's a tie for 8th?

Conceptually, I get it but...hmm, dunno.

Nah it'd be lame. These dudes put their lives at stake to play the game. And why would they even play? They'd field 2nd stringers all season to get the 1st pick.

Idk, I think it's just as much on the NFL and any punishment seems like a way to save face 

Edited by Troy Brown

Just now, Troy Brown said:

I get it, we all love football. But this is hurting the on field product and at that point, is it really worth it to have football? The season should already have an asterisk

Good microcosm for a lot of things that I'll get in trouble for mentioning here. 

10 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I get it, we all love football. But this is hurting the on field product and at that point, is it really worth it to have football? The season should already have an asterisk

Here's what you're underestimating: the collective greed of 32 billionaires.

(31 billionaires. My bad, Packer Nation).

Short of a nuclear explosion killing us all, there is going to be football.

• Like 4

Just now, ET80 said:

"Don't gather/meet" should imply anywhere, not just the team facility.

If it was obvious, why would the NFL feel a need to clarify a day later?  Was the facility being deep cleaned/disinfected during that time?  I would think so.  The players had been testing negative daily.  I'm not saying it was smart, but I think turning this into "They blatantly disobeyed NFL protocols - give them an historic punishment" is a stretch. 

Assuming what Davenport is reporting is true...