Week 5 GDT: Eagles at Steelers - FIRST PLACE SZN

AZ_Eaglesfan

The Eagles are in first place in the NFC East with a gorgeous record of 1-2-1. The team they just beat are in last place with a 2-2 record. What a time to be alive.

Some thoughts about the game:

The OL is going to need to play well. The Steelers defense gets pressure on the QB more efficiently than any team this season.

p693hkx4rhr51.png

They have TJ Watt, a superstar in the making coming off the edge to ruin Carson's day(like he needs any help to do that this season). Mailata and Lane/Driscoll are going to have their hands full, as are Herbig and Pryor. This will be a real test for the young guns, lets see what they got.

Fortunately for us, our DL just dominated  vs the Niners and really took over the game. If they can do that again this week, we will have a shot. Players to watch for me would be Gernard Avery and Josh Sweat: two guys who played really well last Sunday in pass rush situations.

Wentz needs to play well regardless of how banged up his weapons are. Doug needs to lean on Sanders and stick with the run, the kid is playing great but just is lacking in touches. FEED HIM DOUG.

Travis Fulgham made a huge play last week, he should get another shot in week 5 due to the injuries to DJax, Alshon, and JJAW(LMAO).

We saw flashes of 2017 Wentz in the second half of the Niners game.... if he can find consistency this team will be competitive because our division flat out BLOWS. Will Carson turn it around vs the best defense he has played? Let's find out.

Finally, I ❤️ Darius Slay and Nate Gerry should not be in the NFL.

I am going to predict a 21-13 loss. Defense plays well, but we throw too much and Carson can't get the job done. I hope to be proven wrong. Go birds.

37 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Need to stay aggressive. Go for 2 a time or 2. Take smart downfield shots. Get Sanders involved in the pass and run games. Blitz Ben. This is a winnable game. Pittsburgh isn't some juggernaut that some are making them out to be.

While true, their Defense is. 

Our OL is about to get worked. Wentz will be running for his life all game long. Who are we sending deep, Hightower, Ham?

59 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

While true, their Defense is. 

Our OL is about to get worked. Wentz will be running for his life all game long. Who are we sending deep, Hightower, Ham?

It is an elite defense. I still think they can be had though. Hopefully the OL looks at this game as their super bowl and really works to outperform their expectations.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

McLeod and Lane DNP. Not a good sign. Also, Cox has been taking tons of practices of and has been limited in lots when he hasn’t been hurt. Maybe the lack of practice has been hurting his play?

Just add em to the pile. What’s the difference at this point anyway