Week 5 GDT: Eagles at Steelers - FIRST PLACE SZN

AZ_Eaglesfan

Just now, RBreezy said:

I get Wentz looked better, but I'm still not comfortable with him out there. Too many missed throws - that pick earlier was back-breaking. It's kind of sad that we have to talk up progress for our fifth year 'franchise' QB lol

I thought his first INT wasnt his fault? Ertz got bumped?

Just now, RBreezy said:

I get Wentz looked better, but I'm still not comfortable with him out there. Too many missed throws - that pick earlier was back-breaking. It's kind of sad that we have to talk up progress for our fifth year 'franchise' QB lol

He played better than anyone expected with these receivers. 29 points on the Steelers. Idk how much better you could expect

2 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

wasnt his fault

1 minute ago, Danger said:

He looked like he still had accuracy issues at times, but he didn't look like he did in the first 3 games of the season.

I agree with this. He looked good today, but he still doesn't look like a guy who should be making the money he makes.

4 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

He played better than anyone expected with these receivers. 29 points on the Steelers. Idk how much better you could expect

If you weren't satisfied by this performance then you're never going to be satisfied with Wentz unless he's putting up Mahomes/Wilson stat lines. The INT wasn't even that bad, it's a programmed throw and weak boy Ertz got knocked off the route. Wentz could have identified the bodies in area and chosen not to make risky pass, but that happens to the best of them... As opposed to blatantly missing his target or throwing right into defenders hands (see 1st 3 weeks). He's playing with at worst a bunch of nobodies at WR, at best his 2nd ever game with future HOFer Fulgham, against what many consider(ed) the league's best D... The missed throw to Ertz, would have been like 15 yard gain, is only bad miss that comes to mind, and I guarantee you'll find bad misses from every QB nearly every game. He had plenty of nice downfield throws, and really didn't make any bad decisions throwing. By far his best game of season, and looked like his 2019 self. Not an elite QB by any measure but around top 10. Of course that's just game, and just like how I didn't call Wentz the worst QB in the league after week 4, I'm not goingto say he is back to his top 10 self after 1. Possibly bigger challenge next week, we'll see if he can rise to challenge again.

His pocket presence needs work, it's pretty much the same story as it was last year, and the year before. They had him dead to rights a few times where he could have gotten rid of it but didn't. That'd be biggest knock I'd have him.

• Like 1