What players have had hof seasons but not hof careers?

Kiwibrown

6 hours ago, iknowcool said:

It’s possible.  There isn’t much of a precedent I don’t think though.  I don’t see him making it personally, but I get his argument

Devin Hester absolutely should make it in.  He is the best kick returner ever, IMO.  His opening kickoff return for a TD in the Super Bowl is one of the most memorable plays ever in the 50 years I've been watching the big game.  The guy was incredible.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Mark Gastineau 

Justin Houston

Shaq Barrett

CJ2K

Jamal Lewis

Ricky Williams 

Demaryius Thomas

David Boston

Matt Stafford 

Daunte Culpepper 

Daunte had one great season and a couple of good ones.  I'm a Vikings fan and he is nowhere near a hall of famer in my mind. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Daunte had one great season and a couple of good ones.  I'm a Vikings fan and he is nowhere near a hall of famer in my mind. 

Hey Buck, I thought that was the point of the thread?

"What players have had hof seasons but not hof careers?"🤔

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

There are a lot of people that will tell you Adalius Thomas was the best player on a 2006 Ravens defense with:

Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Chris McAlister, Trevor Pryce, Kelly Gregg and Haloti Ngata.

He was an absolute revelation.

what happened to that guy? i remember that season when he was going crazy but i was pretty young at the time and his name never seemed to pop up much since then.

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

what happened to that guy? i remember that season when he was going crazy but i was pretty young at the time and his name never seemed to pop up much since then.

So he was actually a rookie on our 2000 SB team but primarily played STs, and by the time he “broke out” as a defensive player in the 04-06 range he was already a 5th/6th year vet. New England offered him a massive contract (at that time) after that amazing 06 season, and we already had a ton of premiere defensive players that were getting paid/ready to get paid, and once he went to NE he completely fell off as a player for some reason. 

Was a real shame. With how awesome/versatile he was here and Bill’s penchant for versatile players I would’ve blanked on continued success up there.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 8:06 PM, Drained said:

Antonio Brown, every season with the Steelers.

WR is very backlogged for the HoF. Don't see a dude that stopped playing at 29 making it.

He'll make it. If Terrell Davis is a Hall of Famer, Antonio Brown was. He was, at worst, the 2nd best WR in the NFL for a solid 5 year stretch, with 4 1st Team All-Pro nominations, and All-Decade nomination, etc. He does not fit this particular mold.

• Like 1