GDT 10/11/20 Week 5: 3-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-2-1 Cincinnati Bengals

DreamKid

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

pass defense is currently ranked 31st afaik so they better start proving they are worth their money. i expect the streak of take aways to continue against the rookie!

14th by DVOA, but that is still not good enough giving the money being spent on the secondary, having a pass rusher on the Franchise Tag and having traded for Calais Campbell

To be fair the secondary really isn’t taking up as much of the cap as one might surmise off of a quick take. ET is on the books, but he’s not on the team. Tavon Young is on the books, but is out for the season. So really the only highly paid players in the secondary are the two All Pro corners in Humphrey ($16m APY) and Peters ($12m APY). Clark is making solid money ($4m APY), but nothing special. Same with Jimmy Smith ($6m).

So while the secondary has a lot invested in it, I don’t know if the product on the field particularly has that level of investment. Hopefully the results of the ET arbitration will soon make itself known and we don’t have to pay him due to the conduct detrimental. Also wonder if their might be some sort of COVID-19 type of violations that might help to strengthen the Ravens case about his conduct detrimental. Once he’s off the books we can be more active at the trade deadline and shift some of the investment in the secondary into hopefully improving the pass rush... so as to help provide less stress to the secondary.

Hoping some way, some how, AJ Green returns to form against you guys this week. But I think that’s just wishful thinking at this point. 

if you guys take away Boyd, you probably will stop us easily. On offense, just run the ball and set up play action to Mark Andrews and some deep shots to Brown. I think you guys put up 30+ easily. The question is can our offense keep up with yours. 

26 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

If Lamar is below 70%, just sit him. This is a game we can win without him. 

RG3 is god awful, but should be enough to manage the game to a winning result for us.

Yeah or just play him and legit run it up the middle 50 times with Gus lol don't even expose him outside the pocket...Cincy's run D is allegedly awful

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah or just play him and legit run it up the middle 50 times with Gus lol don't even expose him outside the pocket...Cincy's run D is allegedly awful

That could work too. I just worry that on any kind of read play that might be put in there, Lamar couldn't help himself but to chase daylight if he sees it. The Bengals have been a team I've noticed going for cheap shots on Lamar in the past too. So that's another concern.

• Like 1

Btw - props to Chris Horton for rebounding from a decidedly down special teams year last year sans Tucker. Stepping into huge shoes with Rosburg retiring but he seems to have gotten us back to top end of the league status after a year of full time experience.

• Like 1