GDT 10/11/20 Week 5: 3-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-2-1 Cincinnati Bengals

DreamKid

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

gn Bengals

Fluker is presumably the guy at RG this weekend, right?

Even though that would make the most sense, I bet we outsmart ourself and start powers or Bredeson because continuity. You know don’t want to confuse fluker by moving him from tackle to guard

I wouldn’t mind Powers if it happened. Would love to get a chance to evaluate him. Though I’d also be interested in Fluker obviously. The competition was close as well. So if Fluker excels, I’m not ruling the fact that Fluker can win the job with a dominant game... which might just motivate him even more. 

On 10/9/2020 at 11:55 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

With the way Harbaugh has raved about Tyre, I would expect his job security to be safe. Though, I really want to see Fluker play RG.

Maybe. Or they wanted to see what he’s got through the bye then reassess during the time off (with no preseason). I wonder if Queen will be protected a little more after the bye as well. Or maybe a different way of saying it, snaps being more strategically assigned. 

Just now, Danand said:

hasn't it been reported, that it was because teams showed interest in signing him?

The team has been designating him as protected anyways. They can only do that from Tuesday afternoon until gameday but calling Colon-Castillo up yesterday doesn't cover for Monday and Tuesday. If teams are sniffing around he's going to have to be signed to the active roster tomorrow.