Sign in to follow this  
Jakuvious

Passing Defense

So, it feels like we've given an awful lot of yards up so far this season, but Kissel posted this on Twitter today which is....kind of phenomenal.

Wow I didn't expect that. Considering we're pretty beat up on D, even our best out for year, that's pretty darn impressive.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

So, it feels like we've given an awful lot of yards up so far this season, but Kissel posted this on Twitter today which is....kind of phenomenal.

The problem for KC is the run defense. We're giving up 4.3yd/att. which is 10th worst. We've also given up 7.2yd/att. passing (16th worst) but have compensated with 4int to offset 4td's. So it's the classical "bend, don't break" defense. The shorter the field to defend, the easier it is to defend. I guess it'll work until it doesn't.

Edited by mayanfootball

We are definitely missing Berry. Hopefully Ragland can make up for that. DJ had really slowed down unfortunately.

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

We are definitely missing Berry. Hopefully Ragland can make up for that. DJ had really slowed down unfortunately.

Yes. I've noticed it too. Occasionally, his "football smarts" overcome this, but he's unable to find a higher gear as in the past.