2021 NFL Draft Thread

If we can’t get Lawrence, sign me up for Fields or Trask. I like Lance’s potential, I just don’t want what I perceive to be a project for a few years again, like with Haskins. If we’re going to do this thing right, take one of the most NFL game ready QBs bc this fanbase & HC/Owner are not patient enough for a true rebuild and developing of a young QB like Haskins or a Lance which could take 2 or 3 years.

Pump the breaks on the Kyle Trask talks.  This is a guy who was a 3* recruit and couldn't beat out Feleipe Franks over two years until he got hurt.  He's also been good, but hasn't exactly lit the stat sheets up until this year.  The bad thing is that Florida didn't draw Auburn or Alabama this year, only Georgia.  So we only have one game against a top level defense in which to evaluate Trask.  I'm just not sure he is going to be "the guy" at QB in the NFL.  

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If we can’t get Lawrence, sign me up for Fields or Trask. I like Lance’s potential, I just don’t want what I perceive to be a project for a few years again, like with Haskins. If we’re going to do this thing right, take one of the most NFL game ready QBs bc this fanbase & HC/Owner are not patient enough for a true rebuild and developing of a young QB like Haskins or a Lance which could take 2 or 3 years.

Yup.

26 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Pump the breaks on the Kyle Trask talks.  This is a guy who was a 3* recruit and couldn't beat out Feleipe Franks over two years until he got hurt.  He's also been good, but hasn't exactly lit the stat sheets up until this year.  The bad thing is that Florida didn't draw Auburn or Alabama this year, only Georgia.  So we only have one game against a top level defense in which to evaluate Trask.  I'm just not sure he is going to be "the guy" at QB in the NFL.  

Have you watched Trask? Honest question..... I could care less what his recruiting status was entering college as these kids  mature a significant amount , from a physical standpoint, coming out of high school. Also, he is a traditional pocket passer - so from a recruiting standpoint, this limits his usage in certain schemes. From a mental standpoint, he is very cerebral.

As far as stats, it is likely entirely to early to evaluate his performance from that standpoint. The sample size is entirely to small. But since you brought it up:

Burrow - 76.3% Completion %, 10.8 yards/attempt, 1000% TD Interception Ratio, 4 passing TD/ game, and 378 passing yards/ game

Trask - 71.8% Completion %, 9.6 yards/attempt, 1000% TD Interception Ratio, 5 passing TD/ game, and 342 passing yards/ game

I love him.....

Edited by Troublez
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Troublez said:

Have you watched Trask? Honest question..... I could care less what his recruiting status was entering college as these kids are mature a significant amount , from a physical standpoint, coming out of high school. Also, he is a traditional pocket passer - so from a recruiting standpoint, limits his usage in certain schemes. From a mental standpoint, he is very cerebral.

As far as stats, it is likely entirely to early to evaluate his performance from that standpoint. The sample size is entirely to small. But since you brought it up:

Burrow - 76.3% Completion %, 10.8 yards/attempt, 1000% TD Interception Ratio, 4 passing TD/ game, and 378 passing yards/ game

Trask - 71.8% Completion %, 9.6 yards/attempt, 1000% TD Interception Ratio, 5 passing TD/ game, and 342 passing yards/ game

I love him.....

I'm a Georgia fan, so I saw him a lot last year.  Which is why I am saying that we need to see him play a legit defense before we start crowning him.  And this year, Florida didn't draw Alabama or Auburn, just Georgia, so we only have one chance to see him against a real defense.  That is going to make or break it for me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm a Georgia fan, so I saw him a lot last year.  Which is why I am saying that we need to see him play a legit defense before we start crowning him.  And this year, Florida didn't draw Alabama or Auburn, just Georgia, so we only have one chance to see him against a real defense.  That is going to make or break it for me. 

The next four weeks will be very telling that is for sure.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I agree! Doesn’t matter who is taking snaps if you can’t keep him upright!

I mean, this franchise kinda proved that’s not true. We basically had top 5 LT play for 20 years, something most teams would dream of and we were still terrible. There’s always been one missing variable for this franchise and that’s the QB. This team is drafting a QB and we all know it. Hell, they were probably really close to just taking Tua. 

• Like 1

I might be old school but I believe you build a team through the trenches. Everything depends on both lines. Your O-line stinks no matter who is the QB your offensive isn’t going to be good. I’m not saying a LT is all you need but it’s the most important for your QB. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, this franchise kinda proved that’s not true. We basically had top 5 LT play for 20 years, something most teams would dream of and we were still terrible. There’s always been one missing variable for this franchise and that’s the QB. This team is drafting a QB and we all know it. Hell, they were probably really close to just taking Tua. 

Thats the thing for us. We start building. And everyone gets old before theyre done. Had key positions like LT, DE with Kerr, QB with Kirk, WRs and all. Then theyre all in their 30s. Either gone or past prime. And were stuck in the same cycle again. 20 years of top LT play in the game, right down the drain. Feels like were starting from scratch.

But Im with @ARTMONK HOF and building through the trenches. We need that foundation to build off of. Even if it feels like taking a lateral step instead of a step forward.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think they were close to taking Tua, I also think that even while our OL hasn’t been good this year the QB the coaches think sucks so much has almost thrown for 1,000 yds in the first quarter of the year in a new offense w/ only 2 true weapons. 

Haskins has thrown for more yards than Kyler Murray and has 2 less ints. Murray has 3 more TDs, but last time I checked Haskins doesn’t have two Hall of Fame QBs to throw to.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I might be old school but I believe you build a team through the trenches. Everything depends on both lines. Your O-line stinks no matter who is the QB your offensive isn’t going to be good. I’m not saying a LT is all you need but it’s the most important for your QB. 

But if you don’t have a QB you literally have zippy. We might only have 1 chance to get a top QB. You can’t pass it up if you need one. We don’t need a hall of fame LT to have a good OL or to win, Steelers & Ravens have proven that the last 20 years, same with the Chiefs. Good not great LT can cut it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I actually think Lance is what they want. Trash has the best pass catcher in the nation on his team and it’s obvious his assention has a lot to do with that. Look at Trask’s numbers and look at Pitts!!! Lawrence is probably as can’t miss as it gets he’s got my best QB grade I’ve ever given because he has won the Bowls where Luck didn’t but he’s on that level coming out. 

I like Trask. But I need to see him do more then just do what Matt Ryan does and ride his best player all over the field. I get the Redzone Pitts is huge. But I also haven’t broken him down snap by snap so that’s a initial assessment.

i personally believe they like Lance because that guy man he just fits what Rivera seemed to love about Cam. Lance is a better QB the Cam was as far as pocket work and willingness to stand in there and they also have done high low reads there under Lance as I’ve watched him progress right side high then low look left high check down. Or come back right and throw to the initial high. Lance is such a wild card I love him personally but that’s a huge jump in comp. it’s def a risk

• Like 2