2021 NFL Draft Thread

18 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Lets say we live in a fantasy land and you had a choice of any player other than lawrence at #5...who would you pick?

Personally I want to stay away from fields. Idk why but I just don’t want him in burgendy and gold. I would take Sewell, Chase, Parsons in that order.

if we decide to go QB if we are picking outside the top 5 I would go Wilson, Lance, Jones

i don’t want anything to do with Fields or Trask

• Like 2

Sewell Pitts/ Parsons. LB or TE would be a huge upgrade with either of these guys so if I couldn’t get Sewell I could flip a coin on those two and be elated with either. I think either of them are the premier player at their position. I think Parsons would solidify our defense, and Gibson Terry MAC and Pitts. You can’t go wrong with either if Sewell isn’t there.
If they interviewed good I’d be okay with Wilson or Lance. I just can’t get away from Lances size and the way QB’s get hit moving around in today’s game that size would be a huge. I think they both have the tools to be the Guy but it would depend on if their mentally the guy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Lets say we live in a fantasy land and you had a choice of any player other than lawrence at #5...who would you pick?

Tough call right now. And I reserve the right to change my mind frequently, but if Sewell is there, I gotta go with him. Outside consideration to Wilson. But I think Sewell is the can't miss prospect and can lock that position down, and dominate, for a decade. I'd love to lock down the QB position, but the others after Lawrence are more of a question mark than him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Sewell Pitts/ Parsons. LB or TE would be a huge upgrade with either of these guys so if I couldn’t get Sewell I could flip a coin on those two and be elated with either. I think either of them are the premier player at their position. I think Parsons would solidify our defense, and Gibson Terry MAC and Pitts. You can’t go wrong with either if Sewell isn’t there.
If they interviewed good I’d be okay with Wilson or Lance. I just can’t get away from Lances size and the way QB’s get hit moving around in today’s game that size would be a huge. I think they both have the tools to be the Guy but it would depend on if their mentally the guy.

Great point about Trey Lance's size that hasn't been discussed much. Probably because we aren't in combine season. He looked noticeably bulkier in the game he played this year and I think his athleticism and size might give him an edge in my eyes over Zach Wilson, who looks more like a Kirk Cousins physically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I would have a hard time picking Pitts at 5, but after we win a few more games and get in that #10 spot range, I think we should absolutely consider it.  He looks like a real talent and we also have a great need.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Tough call right now. And I reserve the right to change my mind frequently, but if Sewell is there, I gotta go with him. Outside consideration to Wilson. But I think Sewell is the can't miss prospect and can lock that position down, and dominate, for a decade. I'd love to lock down the QB position, but the others after Lawrence are more of a question mark than him.

Well I think tomorrow’s game is going to be the one that determines if this is even a relevant conversation. I’d say if we win 4 that probably puts us out of the top 5. But I think we all are allowed the right to change because from this point on the bigger games come and that love or pub can go up or down like crazy with every game. Ultimately I think Wilson has the most to gain or lose the rest of the way. Trask and Jones are both in that category where they really could blow up if they keep doing what their doing

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I would have a hard time picking Pitts at 5, but after we win a few more games and get in that #10 spot range, I think we should absolutely consider it.  He looks like a real talent and we also have a great need.

It’s not really about the need and positional value for me is high because I value that spot. For me it’s the player and he’s the most dynamic pass catcher in college. I feel like that’s the case even if Chase played. And he can block and he’s just a freak I think he’s actually worth a top 5 pick but it is completely dependent on the QB’s. Also I doubt he gets selected that high but I get what your saying. But I almost have a hard time taking a guy who didn’t put it on the line over a guy who did so Pitts would probably be the guy I’d lean on over Parsons because it’s hard for me to pick a top 5 pick that completely didn’t play a year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

Great point about Trey Lance's size that hasn't been discussed much. Probably because we aren't in combine season. He looked noticeably bulkier in the game he played this year and I think his athleticism and size might give him an edge in my eyes over Zach Wilson, who looks more like a Kirk Cousins physically.

Zach is slight. No matter what he weighs at the combine he looks below 210 and I see him go head up on defenders and that’s okay against Texas St. It’s not gonna fly against Jaylon Smith. And Lance was my gem I really didn’t expect to blow up in draft talks until this year after last and then I heard DJ mention him over Lawrence and realized he was figured out. I knew his season was terrific but usually small school guys don’t get love for one year Reguardless of how good it was. But I think he has everything you want. He does miss but since the game is really going to the mobile movement I think Lance is the next hot thing teams try to find with the size legs and then his arm is plenty. Now I’ve seen him scan through progressions and levels of the defense but his interview and his coaches would be Very important for me to turn that card in. Because I don’t want him to be like Lamar where he can’t pre snap adjust to what a defense is about to do. The mental is going to be huge for Lance to clear pre draft

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If we beat Dallas, I'd forget about picking top 10.

I believe if we beat Dallas, we're about to on a run.

That includes possibly upsetting undefeated pittsburgh the next week.

My homerism is about to kick in overdrive...lol 🤓🤓😁😁🚨🚨🥂🥂

Your my idol!!! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

It’s not really about the need and positional value for me is high because I value that spot. For me it’s the player and he’s the most dynamic pass catcher in college. I feel like that’s the case even if Chase played. And he can block and he’s just a freak I think he’s actually worth a top 5 pick but it is completely dependent on the QB’s. Also I doubt he gets selected that high but I get what your saying. But I almost have a hard time taking a guy who didn’t put it on the line over a guy who did so Pitts would probably be the guy I’d lean on over Parsons because it’s hard for me to pick a top 5 pick that completely didn’t play a year.

Very true

• Like 1