2021 NFL Draft Thread

On 1/6/2021 at 4:55 AM, turtle28 said:

@e16bball As we know the difference between the Carson Wentz draft & this years draft is that this year there are 3 QBs definitely above Trey Lance. Wentz didn’t have that issue, he was the 2nd best QB in the draft by a wide margin bc 2016 was a weak draft for QBs and this year isn’t. And obviously in 2016 people had Dak rated incredibly wrong. I’m still shocked at how well Dak has developed as a QB.

Lance being the 4th best QB prospect in this draft likely puts him the teens.

Dak was my favorite in the class and I was upset Dallas got him. I was wrong about Wentz though so trust me I may strike gold but I’m wrong just as often 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Dak was my favorite in the class and I was upset Dallas got him. I was wrong about Wentz though so trust me I may strike gold but I’m wrong just as often 😂😂😂

Wentz’s career isn’t over. Just a few years ago he was an MVP candidate. He was in his own head too much IMO this season. He had opportunities to run or get out of the ball quickly and he didn’t, he needs to improve but I still think at worst he’ll be a good NFL starter for the next decade plus for someone. That may not be in Phila, but he’ll be a good to great starter again for someone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Wentz’s career isn’t over. Just a few years ago he was an MVP candidate. He was in his own head too much IMO this season. He had opportunities to run or get out of the ball quickly and he didn’t, he needs to improve but I still think at worst he’ll be a good NFL starter for the next decade plus for someone. That may not be in Phila, but he’ll be a good to great starter again for someone.

He needs to go to Indy and his old O C, Frank Reich . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Oh no I didn’t think Wentz would be as good as he was or has been. They ran the ball so much back then at SDSTU he was always throwing wide open 9 routes. Leadership and interviews probably are the biggest reason I was wrong because I simply don’t get to talk to these guys. But he def did what I didn’t peg and I like to admit that. We’re only as credible as the misses we face IMO 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

He needs to go to Indy and his old O C, Frank Reich . 

I love that for Player and team even though I’m not a Colts guy I love their coach they hit the lottery after almost purchasing a bump ticket. Wentz under Reich would be huge I’d expect he returns to top 10 play year one and on. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m starting to zero in on Alex Leatherwood, Trey Lance and Jaylen Waddle. I do believe all three will be available when we pick. A dark horse for this pick is Travis Etienne. 

I love all 4 of those players I believe 2 atleast will be avalible. Waddle and Terry man that could be nasty stupid fast and both break in and out of routes like crazy. Leatherwood man that would be a huge upgrade. And Lance well ive wanted him here since last season along with Waddle. Etienne is a monster!!! But I would lean more twards the value in round 2 at RB because that Oklahoma RB is a wrecking ball. As is the Bama RB I think they both give us the ground and pound that would really compliment this defense with Gibson.

I would be furious if we took a RB in round 1, especially one which Ohio State - which has been bad vs the run all year - shut down in the CFP game. I think we may have to come to grips that Etienne was overrated by many and that he’s not worthy of a 1st round pick. I’d take Harris over him but I think Harris is definitely a 1st round pick.

Id love to get Leatherwood & Waddle. I’m worried about Lance busting. He just hasn’t shown enough. He definitely needs to sit at least a year behind Kyle Allen or whoever, maybe 2 years.

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would be furious if we took a RB in round 1, especially one which Ohio State - which has been bad vs the run all year - shut down in the CFP game. I think we may have to come to grips that Etienne was overrated by many and that he’s not worthy of a 1st round pick. I’d take Harris over him but I think Harris is definitely a 1st round pick.

Id love to get Leatherwood & Waddle. I’m worried about Lance busting. He just hasn’t shown enough. He definitely needs to sit at least a year behind Kyle Allen or whoever, maybe 2 years.

I mean a RB can be schemed out the game he is effective in the passing game. OSU told Clemson to win outside and over the top and they couldn’t outside of a few Powell catches. I don’t think he’s over rated I also think Clemson got out coached, out played and I’m not gonna knock a player that carried his team. But I agree for me I schematically prefer Harris. And I think Stevenson will come out. That bull or Williams would be huge here again not in round one we need another weapon for the passing game either QB, TE, WR all of which should have a higher rated player outside of Harris who if Waddle Pitts and a guy in the top tier OL isn’t there I’d consider if Collins or a premier CB isn’t there. I wouldn’t be against a Paris Ford he IMO is going to be that late rising Saftey who on this defense will become a all pro IMO. But I think there’s actually a few Safties in this class worth taking which is rare for me as generally they usually just aren’t as dynamic as I prefer but the hybrid players are really growing niches in the league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t really care where we pick a RB. If he’s the best player on the board and we aren’t completely set at the position then go for it. We picked a guard 5th overall for crying out loud. I’d kill to have a talent like Etienne or Najee Harris on this offense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t really care where we pick a RB. If he’s the best player on the board and we aren’t completely set at the position then go for it. We picked a guard 5th overall for crying out loud. I’d kill to have a talent like Etienne or Najee Harris on this offense. 

I know they used McKissic but I really think another big back who can catch to pair with Gibson really gives us something nobody else has outside of the Titans and that monster.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We’re set at starting RB, so why draft another RB high who will ride the pine behind Gibson?

Its a waste of our asset especially since Scotty Turner has a pas first offense.

We should take a position where we will get a starter or get a young QB to groom. 

Take Sermon from OSU in round 3 or 4, he’s outplayed Etienne recently anyways.

Edited by turtle28