2021 NFL Draft Thread

14 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I believe we trade down in the first and pick up an extra 2nd day pick or a future pick of equal value.

Barring Waddle, Owush-Koromlah, Darrisaw, or maybe Bateman making it to 19, this is what I’m leaning towards at the moment as well. 

To me, if those guys are off the board, I think the player we draft at 19 would be very similar to the player we could draft at 26-29. I’d rather slide down the 8-10 picks and get another quality pick. 

My hope would be that if all those guys I want are off the board, it might mean Lance or a good DL like Rousseau or Paye or maybe the DT Nixon from Iowa makes it to 19. Those are the sort of positions that teams will trade up for. Maybe a CB as well, although if it was Farley, I’d probably have to think long and hard about staying put.

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

Barring Waddle, Owush-Koromlah, Darrisaw, or maybe Bateman making it to 19, this is what I’m leaning towards at the moment as well. 

To me, if those guys are off the board, I think the player we draft at 19 would be very similar to the player we could draft at 26-29. I’d rather slide down the 8-10 picks and get another quality pick. 

My hope would be that if all those guys I want are off the board, it might mean Lance or a good DL like Rousseau or Paye or maybe the DT Nixon from Iowa makes it to 19. Those are the sort of positions that teams will trade up for. Maybe a CB as well, although if it was Farley, I’d probably have to think long and hard about staying put.

I think if it’s Farley you’d have to turn that card in at 19 but I see what your saying moving back is a really smart play if you miss out on the Waddles or on of those more dynamic players that just aren’t at position of need or upgrade at a position too upgrade.

I know this is unpopular opinion. But if Kyle Pitts falls past 12 I say we trade up and snag him. I think that guy is going to be special! But I’m not really on board with the trade down hype. We need playmakers on both sides of the ball when it comes to the passing game. At 19 we take the best guy available for helping the pass offense or pass defense. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I know this is unpopular opinion. But if Kyle Pitts falls past 12 I say we trade up and snag him. I think that guy is going to be special! But I’m not really on board with the trade down hype. We need playmakers on both sides of the ball when it comes to the passing game. At 19 we take the best guy available for helping the pass offense or pass defense. 

I mean he’s def going to be special!! There’s nothing I’d love more then Lyle Pitts on this team outside of finding a true franchise QB. But the variables that go into that really are nuts so if you don’t see your guy in this class and your moving up and not paying some crazy price for 5 to 7 picks to lock up a truely elite prospect that will make every pass catcher on offense better then I’m not against that.

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I mean he’s def going to be special!! There’s nothing I’d love more then Lyle Pitts on this team outside of finding a true franchise QB. But the variables that go into that really are nuts so if you don’t see your guy in this class and your moving up and not paying some crazy price for 5 to 7 picks to lock up a truely elite prospect that will make every pass catcher on offense better then I’m not against that.

Is Lyle his cousin? Jk jk 😂 breakin your balls 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Great route runner, great hands would make a perfect #2 to Terry’s speed on the other side. I think he’ll be a riser in the draft.

Him vs Surtain on Monday will be a matchup to watch for us draft wise

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Great route runner, great hands would make a perfect #2 to Terry’s speed on the other side. I think he’ll be a riser in the draft.

I agree he hasn’t gotten the media pub and I really hadn’t mentioned him but when you brought him up I was waiting to see him break out in the playoffs and he did just that. He’s a player I’m high on along with Marshall from LSU. But I’d tend to go somewhere else since LSU players hate this team!!!

18 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Surtain is the man!!! That guy reminds me a lot of Lattimore coming out. Can be physical can play off tackles like a box saftey. He’s going to be a really special player on sundays.

35 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

He’s going to put Surtain on skates IMO. I haven’t seen a corner who can cover Olave yet in the two years that Fields has become OSUs starter.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s going to put Surtain on skates IMO. I haven’t seen a corner who can cover Olave yet in the two years that Fields has become OSUs starter.

I love your boy but I’d venture to say if he puts him on skates your a beast because Surtain has some of the best fundamentals coming out closer to Revis and Lat bud I’d almost bet money he doesn’t but for him I hope he does because maybe Surtain could get in our range with a bad show because he’s the perfect player for this team!!!

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I really haven’t seen much of him but is Micah Parsons someone you trade up for? 

I wouldn’t trade up for a guy a year away from football period. Love the player special talent!!! He’s legit the perfect guy for this defense. Still couldn’t do that.